Thread: Another Goat Down!!

Default Another Goat Down!!

This past weekend I was lucky to take out a couples friends. One of my friends was lucky enough to have a Seward permit.
    Left the harbor sat morning and it was flat and sunny. Didn't take long to start seeing goats. We saw about 10-14 goats with about 4-5 closes enough to think about stalking them. We spotted a nice billy but he was in a good spot for him. We waited for him to move. when he did we tried a couple times to rafted to shore but by then the tide was high and no beach to land on. We left him alone and went to another group we seen earlier. Luck would have it, They were finally standing up and gave us a nice look at them. Quickly we went to shore. About this time we were exhausted from the previous half dozen times rowing to shore. Once off the boat we made our move. She made a shot and the goat ran into a ditch. We climb up and the goat popped out. She made one more shot and the goat was down.... First Alaskan animal!! It was a great feeling standing next to her when she made the shot. Also walking with her up to her goat... Dinner that night was extra special. It was her birthday and this is what she wanted for her birthday. A GOAT!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Great job Lisa. Well deserved trophy.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Congrats! PICTURES??

I ran so fast I forgot the camera on the boat. I think she did take some back on shore... I'll check ... Can't for Nov 1.. Headed back down with my hunting partner. In hopes he can bring down a nice Billy!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK