Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awww, Law Enforcement on Kodiak, doing it up right...

Default Awww, Law Enforcement on Kodiak, doing it up right...

So, some of you may remember, I posted about a stolen rifle,...over a year ago
    the one I had stolen out of my truck a few days before it was to be a present for my sons birthday,...??
    Two Augusts ago,...!!

this thread ? http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ing?highlight=

Well, check this story out, some of you may heard, pretty big news of bad guys going down, after a long investigation in Kodiak,...

http://www.kmxt.org/index.php?option...k=view&id=5094

on the bottom line of the article, "Stolen Firearms Recovered,..."

Yeah, guess what, I got a call from the KPD yesterday, they recovered our Tikka .243 with Leupold scope attached and all
    after a couple days for evidence recovery work, I can go down and pick it up at the station,..!!

Wahoo, is about all I can say to that,...

and I'll add, "Thanks to the Gun Owner Community," for helping us keep an eye out,"...
    who knows why they decided to not try selling it, but between here, and the Guns Only fcbk page on island,...
    the word was out big time on that rifle,...

Man, talk about Jacked Up,...I can hardly believe it,....Thanks Kodiak Police Folks,...you guys are awesome
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Good ending for sure Kodiak - glad your getting the firearm back and I hope it is in good shape!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Nice to see a happy ending on this.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Nice to see a happy ending on this.
    BK
    Very nice indeed...That's great news your rifle is being returned to you kodiak, you must be stoked!
    "Grin and Bear It"

Great news Kodiak, just goes to show that every once in a great while, the good guys win...!

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    ....Thanks Kodiak Police Folks,...you guys are awesome
    Yes Law Enforcement does serve an important purpose...they do bust the bad guys when they can.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Great news, happy for ya.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Great news, now go get a deer with it.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    So, some of you may remember, I posted about a stolen rifle,...over a year ago
    the one I had stolen out of my truck a few days before it was to be a present for my sons birthday,...??
    Two Augusts ago,...!!

this thread ? http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ing?highlight=

Well, check this story out, some of you may heard, pretty big news of bad guys going down, after a long investigation in Kodiak,...

http://www.kmxt.org/index.php?option...k=view&id=5094

on the bottom line of the article, "Stolen Firearms Recovered,..."

Yeah, guess what, I got a call from the KPD yesterday, they recovered our Tikka .243 with Leupold scope attached and all
    after a couple days for evidence recovery work, I can go down and pick it up at the station,..!!

Wahoo, is about all I can say to that,...

and I'll add, "Thanks to the Gun Owner Community," for helping us keep an eye out,"...
    who knows why they decided to not try selling it, but between here, and the Guns Only fcbk page on island,...
    the word was out big time on that rifle,...

Man, talk about Jacked Up,...I can hardly believe it,....Thanks Kodiak Police Folks,...you guys are awesome
    Good news. Glad that rifle is coming home!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I just can't figure the no arrest part??? Glad it worked out for you for sure.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I just can't figure the no arrest part???
    I know some of the Mat-Su drug task force Troopers and itĎs very different in Alaska than most other states. What they tend to do with non violent dealers and pot growers is take everything of value, dope, cars. money, guns then hand them a summands/ticket and let them feed themselves until the guilty verdict. I donít think many skip but if they do the state has most of their valuables impounded as proceeds of a criminal enterprise, kind of like a bond I guess. I get auction flyers of that forfeit and unclaimed evidence getting sold off every now and then.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I just can't figure the no arrest part??? Glad it worked out for you for sure.
    Maybe no one was home.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

GLAD to see that all is coming out in the end for the good guy. Have fun with your son on your next hunting trip. Gerberman

Firearm theft is federal and I would guess there was a felon around also.Best make more gun laws for the honest folk.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Firearm theft is federal and I would guess there was a felon around also.Best make more gun laws for the honest folk.
    Iím guessing they couldnít make the theft case or didnít want to bather with putting together the theft case when they got them on enough drug stuff to send them way up the river. Better for Kodiak this way because they gave the gun back now rather than holding till after trial or whatever.

Doesnít just having the gun at the drug business add ten years to it or something to the drug distribution felony?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post

Doesnít just having the gun at the drug business add ten years to it or something to the drug distribution felony?
    I wish I knew, and I've even asked the question before.

BECAUSE, every time a drug bust is in the news, they seem to make a beeg deel about how many GUNS they confiscated.

And, I'm thinkin,,,, Isn't it legal to own guns?

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Kodiak:
    I'm glad you got the gun back. That's a real blessing I'm sure.

They didn't make any arrests at the time, but they will later. They'll hafta add up the charges.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I have not been involved with the federal judicial system for more than 15 years now, but at that time the mandatory sentencing guidelines included an additional 60 months for the involvement (including simple possession) of a firearm with a narcotics complaint/warrant. It may have changed during the intervening years.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Good ending for sure Kodiak - glad your getting the firearm back and I hope it is in good shape!
    Glad you got your rifle back kodiak. Reading the story, what a truly disgusting bunch of scum that stole your rifle. I hope you got a nice 55 grain ballistic tip that you can put to use. aim for the lower gut, the suffering is what you want to aim for. There's 7 billion people in the world.........

Yeah, I think it is as Andy was saying, they are building a case, but those folks are pretty much pinned down.
    Interesting there's a kinda "Lowlife Trailer Court," just about two hundred yards down the street
    from the Spanking New Police Department Building here in Kodiak,...

I'm pretty sure that was where the raid was pulled off.
    Makes you wonder about the mentality of folks doing stuff like importing Heroin, stashing stolen firearms, for over a year, just down the street(???)
    I would never have imagined it still hiding in someone's closet, and is why maybe all the stir I caused, may be why it didn't go anywhere ?

Anyway, I haven't seen the rifle yet, hoping it is in good shape, they did say the softcase it was in is not still around, but the Leupold scope is,...so, I'm hoping it hasn't been tossed around much,...who knows
    I stopped down there to thank them, and talked a bit, it's going to be a week or so til they can turn it over to us.
    They seemed ecstatic with the amount of evidence they had to go through, and it was like they had finished out a long running investigation. So everybody down there were doing Some Smiling, and of course they like having a guy come in to benefit from the recovered firearms.
    Apparently there were several handguns also,..not sure how many, but they had been stealing guns for a while, from homes, etc.

Interesting, that in hindsight, that was one of the main reasons I dug up the serial number and reported it,
    (I was really kind of hopeless about ever seeing it again, and the officer receiving the report was not too optimistic either),...
    but just the Federal Offense aspect of it all, was something I wanted to get out there,...just in case.

I had a feeling, they were happy to see me and grateful for the reporting of the stolen rifle also, as it helps them make a stronger case for long sentencing,..something like that anyway,...

It Is Good, to see people like that going down, that's for sure
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast