Thread: biggest tires for side by side 700

Default biggest tires for side by side 700

Need info need mud tires for 700 side by side whats the biggest tires u could put on without losing to much power

What type of side x side do you have and what size of stock tires? The reason I ask is because it depends if you have a dual A-Arm or MacPherson Struts, need modifications, etc. I am not an expert but I do know this from my buddies who have Rangers and RZR's and working in the ATV/Side x Side Industry. My buddy Chris (has a Ranger) runs 28" tires but I am not sure what he modified. I know he did put spacers on and wouldn't be surpised if he modified other sruff. It's all decked out. Have you looked at the Mud Lites or Swamp Lites? I know we have Swamp Lites on our ATV's and like them overall. We do have to plug them a lot but we do ride our machines hard and heavy in the back country.

If you add a clutch kit the size of tires wont affect it as much. One aspect to look at is increased maintenance with increased tire size and associated modifications. Wheel spacers wear out wheel bearings faster along with ball joints. Bigger tires tear up tie rod ends.

I have a 700 ranger and I run 27" tires with a 2"lift and wheel spacers. I have about 1200 miles and have replaced all the wheel bearings once, ball joints twice and brakes once. Tie rods this summer when I replaced both front axles with stronger ones.

I hear the newer rangers can go 28" with no lift on the front but don't know for sure.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

I am putting 27" tires on a Arctic Prowler and do not expect any issues. I have found out that to go with 28's or larger I would need to work on the clutching. While I want a better tire, I am not willing to loose durability. I am getting ITP Black Water Evolution's so will see what they are like.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    I am putting 27" tires on a Arctic Prowler and do not expect any issues. I have found out that to go with 28's or larger I would need to work on the clutching. While I want a better tire, I am not willing to loose durability. I am getting ITP Black Water Evolution's so will see what they are like.
    I would still look at clutching. Made a huge difference in how the machine ran and fuel economy. Especially if your running mud or pulling a trailer.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

Buying a honda pioneer there is ablot of mud where we ride all my friends have 1000 commanders 1000 arcticcat one buddy had 800 ranger he kept getting stuck till he put on 30 inch tires but he says he can feel the power loss
    so was wondering how big I can go without to much power loss the honda pioneer I am getting is a 700

fish slayer: I would suspect that the type of tire will determine how much clutching one would need as much as the size. There are some tires that have very deep aggressive tread that is going to take a lot to turn them. As a side question, are you putting a winch on your new machine and if so what size? I opted to 'upgrade' the winch for our machine to a 4500lb from the standard 3000lb one.

Look very carefully at the tire weight also. Lighter tires make a world of difference for unsprung weight and are easier to turn. I lost 30 some pounds going from ITP XTR's to Zillas (same size tires) and gained a bunch of my power back.

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    Look very carefully at the tire weight also. Lighter tires make a world of difference for unsprung weight and are easier to turn. I lost 30 some pounds going from ITP XTR's to Zillas (same size tires) and gained a bunch of my power back.
    Bear in mind also there's a difference in Zillas and Mud Zillas. One is a more boned out lighter version.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Bear in mind also there's a difference in Zillas and Mud Zillas. One is a more boned out lighter version.
    You are correct, Zillas are lighter.