Thread: Show and Tell

Default Show and Tell

I just wanted to show my new ML. No hunting stories to tell with this new to me rifle. Mowery was a respected gun smith making guns in the mid 1900's. His rifles were 1:66 twist. Sales slumped when TC came out with the Renegade with 1:45 twist to shoot ball or Maxi. The people wanted the flexibility of projectiles. Mowery made 166 rifles, the company then went to other owners. Mowery made rifles were stamped with his name and a serial number. Other owners stamped the name of the city of manufacture. It appears the Mowery rifles seldom come on the market. Forum discussions I have read testify to the quality and owner satisfaction with Mowery rifles. I have not shot it yet, but here it is, not considered a custom rifle, but could pass for one, I think? I can hardly wait to go shoot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Lifetime Member

Talking Show and Tell

Couple more pics. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NRA Lifetime Member

Wow! With looks like that and the Mowery rep for accuracy, it might as well be custom. As I recall it's a 54, which is even better.

Keep us posted on shooting results!

Thanks, BrownBear. I learned from forums that Mowery used Douglas barrels, and indeed, have a rep for good accuracy. I like shooting small groups on paper, can hardly wait to shoot. And yes, its a .54. My first ML was the Renegade in .54, so I have the Mowery competitor also.
    NRA Lifetime Member