Thread: Happy People

Default Happy People

For most this is old news. I just watch a movie called Happy People on net flix last night, it is about trapping on the Taiga River in Russia. One of the neatest movies I have ever seen.

Yea, its amazing what those people are capable of. Watching him make the deadfall with an axe was impressive, and the trigger mechanism is pretty ingenious...It is on youtube also, but is split up into separate episodes.

A co-worker of mine mentioned that, I'm going to have to find it...

just watched on Netflix, Great show!

I watched the show too. The axe work and resourcefulness was pretty impressive. I was impressed though that the title didn't apply to one particular group that was touched on briefly. The natives. They were sure depicted as a bunch of whipped puppies that had totally lost their identity.
    Nylrem

Quote Originally Posted by Nylrem View Post
    The natives. They were sure depicted as a bunch of whipped puppies that had totally lost their identity.
    Nylrem
    Imagine that....
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I need to ask you guys about Netflix. How fast of an internet connection are you using to get an un-buffered movie? My son bought us one last Christmas but we are unable to use it as our DSL must be still way too slow.

Also, has anybody seen "Happy People" on anything else.....Dish, Direct, etc...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Great movie! The deadfall was great but the skis! Splitting, carving, scraping, boiling, bending....
    I've watched it a few times, very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I need to ask you guys about Netflix. How fast of an internet connection are you using to get an un-buffered movie? My son bought us one last Christmas but we are unable to use it as our DSL must be still way too slow.

Also, has anybody seen "Happy People" on anything else.....Dish, Direct, etc...???
    With MTA in the valley I use their 3rd level of 5 offered. Or something thats $60 month.You need to watch your usage with streaming. Nice and easy!