Thread: Dillingham area question... accessing summit of Warehouse Mountain...

Default Dillingham area question... accessing summit of Warehouse Mountain...

Would you know if one can access the summit of Warehouse Mountain by hiking along Warehouse Mountain Road (off Aleknagik Lake Road)?

Quote Originally Posted by swapsun View Post
    Would you know if one can access the summit of Warehouse Mountain by hiking along Warehouse Mountain Road (off Aleknagik Lake Road)?
    Access to Warehouse Mt. is actually off Snake Lake Rd. It's hardly maintained, but it's frequently hiked. Couldn't tell you what mile it's at but if I recall there was an old sign on it, left side of the road.....

You can get there from the end of warehouse mountain road, but I believe it's farther, and crosses a whole lotta mush tundra from my wanderings out that way. Bushwacking in DLG area is rarely enjoyable.

Thank you... Related question.. Can one legally park at the end of Warehouse Mountain Road and hike on or is that private property? Also any leads on the condition of the road would be greatly appreciated...

Folks park there to hunt out that way all the time.....if it's going to be for a while, a note to say it's not abandoned or when you will return would help.....they usually only break glass out of vehicles they know .

Why the attraction to warehouse mountain?