Thread: Hilleberg Tents

Default Hilleberg Tents

Guys, after spending a night on the tundra in my sleeping bag and on another occasion during moose season waking up with three inches of snow on the ground I have decided it is time to invest in a good tent. I have been reading up on hilleberg tents for the last week or so. I have settled on either the tarra or saivo, but can't make up my mind between the two. I do most of my hunting on a four wheeler and like to camp once I get into the general area I want to hunt. I usually hunt with one other person. Is there any dealer in state that carries hilleberg tents? I'd like to look at one before dropping such serious money. Your thoughts are appreciated.
    b

Barney's Sports carries Hilleberg. If its a Hilleberg you want, and a roomy 2 man is the criteria, I'd opt for the Saivo which I've personally owned. I believe it comes in at 11#.

Bombproof.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Barney's Sports carries Hilleberg. If its a Hilleberg you want, and a roomy 2 man is the criteria, I'd opt for the Saivo which I've personally owned. I believe it comes in at 11#.

Bombproof.
    Thanks much! I will have to get by there the next time I go to Anchorage. Sounds like you got rid of the Saivo. Care to share why you got rid of it? I can't determine if the Tarra would be easier to set up over the Saivo. Your thoughts are appreciated!
    b

Yes, I did pass it on. I wanted a roomier, lighter shelter. I've been dabbling with floor less for a while now and love it.

Barney's is into their off season and likely have low stock, but the are still a local dealer.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

TWB, did you compare the saivo and the tarra side by side? If you did, what made you go with the saivo over the tarra? Again, your feedback is appreciated.
    b