Thread: Ride out to Knik Glacier

Default Ride out to Knik Glacier

Has anyone taken their ATV's or Side x Side's out to Knik glacier in the last week or so? Wondering water crossings and trail conditions. If you rode out there, did u make it all the way back to the glacier?

Thanks, I appreciate the link! I didn't realize they had a forum just for Jim's Creek.

While there is a 'Jim Creek' section, there is nothing in it that answers the question about 'current' conditions going back to the glacier.

I too would like to know the trail conditions. As soon as my new tires get here, I hope to make a trip to the glacier.

Default Riding Conditions to Knik Glacier

Does anyone have an update on trail and water conditions for the ride to Knik Glacier from Jim's Creek? Did anyone head out there this last weekend or in the last week or so? Thanks, Lori

Waiting for the tires to get here for our 'new' rig and then hope to take a trip to the glacier. Till then, waiting to hear what others have to say.

water levels look a lot worse than they are. went back to the glacier on Monday.jims creek crossing was pretty shallow by the last trail coming out of the woods. the next crossing, wolf point is wide and looks really bad. I just drove really slow across and the water was just over the tires on my rzr 4. it felt really sketchy, but going slow helped especially if your front end dips down you can reverse pretty quick. I have never made the trip to the glacier by myself and I ended up getting stuck when you come out of the woods for the final stretch to the glacier. the spot I always cross at was quick sand and ate me up and I was stuck for about an hr until 3 can ams saved me. just remember the river changes quick and its usually better to watch someone else go thru it first.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dkgeorge2524 View Post
    water levels look a lot worse than they are. went back to the glacier on Monday.jims creek crossing was pretty shallow by the last trail coming out of the woods. the next crossing, wolf point is wide and looks really bad. I just drove really slow across and the water was just over the tires on my rzr 4. it felt really sketchy, but going slow helped especially if your front end dips down you can reverse pretty quick. I have never made the trip to the glacier by myself and I ended up getting stuck when you come out of the woods for the final stretch to the glacier. the spot I always cross at was quick sand and ate me up and I was stuck for about an hr until 3 can ams saved me. just remember the river changes quick and its usually better to watch someone else go thru it first.lol

Think we passed you as you were heading out of the parking lot, I was in the Crew that died right at the restroom. Got into some sand that looked a little deceiving, some if those crossings were a lot softer than norm so I started to sink and think I got water in the fuel a bit. Had problems the entire way back in....brought it home and works fine....lol