Thread: Life long Alaska used 1926 Browning A-5 shotgun help

Default Life long Alaska used 1926 Browning A-5 shotgun help

I have my grandfather's 1926 Browing A-5 Light Twelve 2 3/4 shell shotgun. 100% original, heavily used condition. I hunt primarily deer, moose, and goat. I have some friends who are fanatic duck hunters I have gone out (rarely) with them (now that we all have children).

I am told my Browing A-5 is usable. But I don't know how to care for a shot gun. I would like to hunt with this gun, but have also been told to keep it original. I am thinking keep the original stocks, but put new Browning Factory wood stocks on it. I live in Juneau.

Are there any people around Juneau who could help me? The internet parts place like Midway etc seem to be out of the stocks. For reference I am a spoiled Stainless Synthetic rifle kinda guy. EXTRA... WTB a Ruger Red Label Stainless Synthetic Over Under shotgun.

Sobie2

A5 wood stocks can be found on e-bay and gun broker and many other places. You could also put plastic stock on for hunting. If it has a full choke choke you will want to use legal shot that is not steel for duck hunting,if mod choke you are ok with steel. Plenty of you tubes on A5 takedown and care.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Ok thanks Amigo!

Sobie2