Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Drift boat question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Default Drift boat question

    I'm looking at buying a used drift (no motor) with trailer. The owner says that he also purchased the boat and trailer used and that he didn't get a title for the boat or trailer and was told that was okay because he isn't using the boat for guiding.

    I haven't found anything helpful on the DMV website. Does anyone know if the boat needs to be registered and if so, do I need a title? I assume the trailer needs to be registered, but do I need a title to do that as well?

    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2


    The boat will be fine if you don't plan on using a motor. If you do then all you have to do is fill out a sheet of paper and give the DMV $10-20 and they will give you a boat number. The trailer will need a title. You will likely have to apply for a lost title. Or just register it a "home made" trailer. I can't recall which is cheaper or easiest. The DMV website will have all the info for you.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts