Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: No Hunting or Fishing on YOUR land until the Gvnmt reopens....

The Executive Branch (headed by the President) is responsible for submitting a budget to Congress. I have been working on a very small portion of the budget for several years now. We normally start working on the budget at least 18 months ahead of time; right now we are planning on our first budget meeting in December for the Fiscal Year 2016 budget.... Congress is then supposed to begin passage of their budget and then each of 12 Appropriation Bills, though they usually roll these into one Omnibus Budget bill. However, I can't remember, in 22 years, the last time they passed a "budget" prior to the beginning of the fiscal year, October 1st. We start each year with a Continuing Resolution which resently have been lasting until March. It really is a pain working under those conditions, because the agencies are only getting their money either monthly or sometimes even weekly. This year, we are being told to expect money on a daily basis, 1.9% a day; its very difficult to plan work doing that and you spend an inordinant amount of time justifying why you need money each and every day or week. I really wish Congress would just do their job and get their work done in regular order, but I really don't see anything changing until the whole system breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Attachment 74353\

Shuks, how hard is it to talk, agaree.disagree, pass a budget and stick to it.
    Apparently pretty hard. The rub comes when so many people now depend upon the federal government for their their daily lives in the form of daily sustenance, wages, subsidies, grant monies, medical care, etc. More people than ever before in US history, with no end in sight. And politicians are reluctant, in many cases to be either the cutter or the person who keeps on funding. There is no win for most politicians in red or purple states, because almost everybody (regardless of whether they identify as conservative) gets some sort of money, either directly or indirectly, from the government, and nobody wants THEIR piece of the budget to be taken away. They will scream if it comes up to the chopping block. We are all entitled, it seems. It will probably take an economic crash of some sort to end the cycle. But then, the Great Depression probably got us into the entitlement mentality, with the government becoming savior, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Well, our letter went out this morning, to President Obama, Congressman Young, and Senators Murkowski and Begich. I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but at least we added our voices to the clamor. This whole thing is unbelievable.

-Mike
    Thanks for the update and doing something Mike. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    The VA is still running as I leave for Anchorage wednesday for heart work
    Are you going to the clinic? I work next door at the JBER Hospital. PM me on your concerns if you want.
    Bob
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Thanks for the update and doing something Mike. I appreciate it.
    It was interesting. I didn't have too much trouble finding the contact information for our senators and our congressman, but finding a way to get through to the president yielded some interesting and quite funny results. It's not really a political comment, let's call it ahhh... a "customer service" issue. So I went to the White House's "Contact Us" page, where I read the following refreshing comment:

"President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history."
    I paused, reflecting on such openness and how much optimism and ambition it must have taken to pen the words, "...the most open and accessible administration in American history." and continued on, where I read:

"That begins with taking comments and questions from you, the public, through our website."
    "Ah, great", I thought. "This is going to be so easy". So with the words, "the most open and accessible administration in American history" ringing in my heart, I optimistically clicked on "Write the White House" and found instructions for mailing a letter (no, that's too slow, and those laid off Federal workers would not get it to him in time), and a stronger admonition to just email them. "Aha! That's the way!", I thought, "I'll just email the letter as an attachment. What could be simpler?" So I clicked on the email link and, after answering a security question, landed on THIS PAGE, where I found a bewildering array of almost 60 fields to fill out, pull-down menus, checkboxes, and so on. Some of the information had to be filled out multiple times (the same information), and there was absolutely no way to send an attachment (I had our letter, plus two attached files; the letter that went out to commercial operators and another indicating the DOI's process).

So I thought there must be a better way; a "faster way around the barn", as it were. Aha! There it is! Phone numbers! Surely I could call one of the two numbers listed (a comments line and the White House switchboard) and perhaps get a fax number? So I called both numbers and received the following recording:

"Hello. You have reached the executive office of the President. We apologize, but due to the lack in federal funding, we are unable to take your call. Once funding has been restored, our operations will resume. Please call back at that time."
    Hmmm....

The joke's on me!

And people wonder why I don't mess with politics much. Sheesh. I PAID for this?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...urrency-status

This should be the main story on every network right now. If the debt limit is not raised by the deadline the US dollar could very well loose its status as reserve currency. The day after this happens inflation will be measured in double digits.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post

This should be the main story on every network right now. If the debt limit is not raised by the deadline the US dollar could very well loose its status as reserve currency. The day after this happens inflation will be measured in double digits.
    Pretty astute summary of the idiocy behind it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24433182
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

the US Dollar is not going to loose its status as reserve currency anytime soon. Inflation will happen but right now the dollar will be relevant no matter what.

How about they shut down the money making machine and burn the checkbook instead. We've got to stop the bleeding before we bleed out.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Ten full pages on what your govt is now doing to YOU. Now are u getting worried? Perhaps we are all a bit late on watching what they were up to and speaking out. This kind of nonsense has been going on for some time in ever increasing doses and many here thought it only affects those that deserved it. This is not and has not been about D's nor R 's. This is and has been about your (corrupt) govt all along. Those defending either side of the isle are only usefull idiots.
    We may very well be past the point of no return. Blame us. We the People. We let it happen. We failed to raise our collective voice.
    There are those same folks on the forum spreading false propaganda. For instance... Who gets paid more often than once a week? No one! Most get paid twice a month. So no one has gone w/o a paycheck yet. And then they claim they might not get paid. BS. Like always they will be paid. And they will be paid for not working. Private industry calls that "vacation ".
    It's past time to pay attention and be loud. Demand accountability from your elected reps.
    I will now slink back to my cave located within Fed lands isolated and unnoticed.
    Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Attachment 74353

perhaps we just need to stop starting wars on false pretenses and stop hemmoraging $$$ out of our country.........
    Sounds like a good place to start to me. Hopefully wishing for no war doesn't sound too un-patriotic to all you fine folks on the forum!

So very VERY Sorry.........Too Late. Horror is coming, get ready or get dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    How about they shut down the money making machine and burn the checkbook instead. We've got to stop the bleeding before we bleed out.

Like Dudes, I don't mean to scare anyone, but like, man, I work out at JBER, and I heard at the Shoppette that the dudes in charge of watching all the Zombies was furloughed, and some other dude forgot to lock the gate, and like man, they were all congregating around the Eagle River area, maybe heading toward Boondocks. I mean somebody better tell the Zombies that's a bad idea.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Whoa bro', if those Zombies get up around Glenallen and infect the Yeti populace, we're dooooomed!!!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I known of Kodiak refuge is shut down to guiding come bear season a lot of guides are gonna be in a bad bad way this winter!!!
    I have a feeling all this is being done on purpose just to show us how much control "they" have over us.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I known of Kodiak refuge is shut down to guiding come bear season a lot of guides are gonna be in a bad bad way this winter!!!
    I have a feeling all this is being done on purpose just to show us how much control "they" have over us.
    I'm not sure if it's about putting us in "our place" so much as it is about manipulating us to blame this or that political party, for some kind of gain at the polls next time around. Honestly I don't see a huge amount of genuine concern about the folks who have to pay the price for this. It's a shame and an embarrassment to the rest of the world.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

>>>LINK<<<

.... one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

And while the seniors were under armed guard at Yellowstone, the National Mall was opened and Nancy Pelosi showed up during a pro-immigration rally. So, the American citizens can't access our national parks and lands, but Pelosi can attend a pro-immigration rally on park land that the average citizen cannot use? Pretty shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I smell a class action lawsuit in the works. If these guides have permits to operate in these areas they have certainly been harmed financially by the shutdown.
    So in this case I can see the shutdown costing taxpayers more money for this shutdown.
    It is a shame for sure. I am sure most of them would much rather do the hunts they had scheduled.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

All this makes for great headlines and sensationalism. Something that is highly visible so people can see the "Government Shutdown". Most folks don't realize that only 17% of the funds are not there at this moment. If they did not instruct these things to happen most of America would not even be aware of the Government Slowdown. True, 800,000 fed employees are furloughed for a week or few. What about the million+ Americans that have been unemployed for over a year with no end in sight??!!

Remember, orders are coming from the top down that are meant to actively interfere with us. And they aren't coming from the House or the Senate. This whole debacle is because of the Administration that is using us as pawns and blaming the repubs for everything while they sit and deny, deny, deny, deny all 4 bills the House has passed that FULLY fund the Government; and that the Senate rejected, each one. The first one defunded Obamacare, the others contained a compromise to change some aspects of it by postponing the Individual Mandate just like it has been done for businesses. Also dropping the Medical Device tax. But, you don't hear about this on the Propaganda News. All we hear is Obama and Reid telling us that we are being held hostage by a "faction" of the repubs and they are having a gun held to their heads. BOSH.... They want their way or the highway just like when Obamacare was rammed through. In the midst of all of this POTUS will not negotiate. This is unprecedented in the history of the US. In previous Government Slowdowns POTUS was meeting and negotiating. This POTUS is not leading, he is Dictating. He is not willing to cut any spending anywhere, he only wants to raise the debt ceiling, period, end of story. This is all on him. He should be meeting with the House and Senate everyday talking, negotiating, compromising. But instead he meets with Boehner last week and tells him he won't negotiate. Then he stands before the Nation on National TV and tells us he is willing to negotiate but won't or will or won't.... depends on the day. Fact is, POTUS wanted this to happen. He's got nothing to loose. He's got the media helping him and the Dems blame the repubs. We'll hear about this for a looooong time, especially come the next elections.

Now is the time for Obama to put his money where his mouth is by being a Uniter not a Divider...I'm not holding my breath.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast