Thread: Extra Part on King Quad Master Cylinder

Default Extra Part on King Quad Master Cylinder

Repeating this question:
    has anyone here ever rebuilt a master cylinder plunger on an older King Quad (2001 LT300)?
    I got a kit and pulled out the old piston, spring, etc. Along with it came a small, solid rubber plug. There was one in the rebuild kit too. Unfortunately, when I pulled the snapring off, the old piston went flying out, and I don't know what sequence the plug goes in. It doesn't show it on the online schematic: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...4&d=1179381415
    It shows only the rubber seal between the piston and the spring . Any ideas?

Default Got an extra you could take apart

Cant help you with the order, but I got an extra on my work bench you could take apart.... give me a ring if this will help. Tony 317-9632

Default Does this help??

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Thanks, Mud

I think that it may be the little thing between the circlip and the plunger. Was hard to see in the smaller mode.

Sayak
    You got the same quad as me was wondering if you had problems of your rear brakes freezing up after going though water and the machine sits a while, also even if it has been sitting awhile it seems to lock up, at times had to put it in 4 low to break it loose, I'm sure it is now the best thing for it. Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    Sayak
    You got the same quad as me was wondering if you had problems of your rear brakes freezing up after going though water and the machine sits a while, also even if it has been sitting awhile it seems to lock up, at times had to put it in 4 low to break it loose, I'm sure it is now the best thing for it. Thanks Steve
    I don't know what yours looks like but you're obviously talking about drum brakes. Do you have a cover over the drum? If you do take the cover off and drill a 1/4" hole in the bottom of it. If no cover than drill a 1/4" hole in the back plate as low as you can. This will allow the water to drain, yes water will enter this hole but it's going in anyway and it won't come out without this hole.

..... at times had to put it in 4 low to break it loose, I'm sure it is now the best thing for it. Thanks Steve
    Word of advice....DO NOT use this technique if the temp is or has been below freezing!! Super low WILL break the drive axle (speaking from experience here ). Amazing how much torque a 24hp engine can make in super low!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default I may try this

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    I don't know what yours looks like but you're obviously talking about drum brakes. Do you have a cover over the drum? If you do take the cover off and drill a 1/4" hole in the bottom of it. If no cover than drill a 1/4" hole in the back plate as low as you can. This will allow the water to drain, yes water will enter this hole but it's going in anyway and it won't come out without this hole.
    I may try this with my 02 King Quads. I too have used super low to break them loose and worry about doing it. I've also heard of guys carrying a little hand held propane torch in their tool bag to heat the drum and get it to come loose. That drum break is the only design flaw in the King Quads IMO.

-Carnivore
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    I may try this with my 02 King Quads. I too have used super low to break them loose and worry about doing it. I've also heard of guys carrying a little hand held propane torch in their tool bag to heat the drum and get it to come loose. That drum break is the only design flaw in the King Quads IMO.

-Carnivore
    It works! Atvers have been drilling holes to let the water out as long as they've been making them dumb drum brakes. You still have to stay on top of it matinence wise but the shoes last longer with a outlet hole IMO.

thanks, guess it is time to break out the drill

Default Don't know

Sayak
    I don't know Steve. I bought the quad trashed, with no rear brakes, and put in new ones. I am preparing to put in new front ones, because they also were trashed.

I've heard that your need to have a way to drain the drums. Maybe even a hole with a plug so you could spray in some water displacer.