Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News. :(

Default More Bad News. :(

Looks like if you're planning on hitting the Upper Kenai this weekend you need to change your plans thanks to Obummer.
    This was posted on Mossy's FB page today.

NOTICE: I just got word and confirmation from both State Parks and the Kenai Refuge manager that the entire refuge area of the Kenai River are closed to access due to the govt shut down. State troopers will be doing the enforcement. This will be from sportsmans all the way to the lower swan signs on the middle Kenai.

I would imagine that all access points to the river and out of the river will have locked gates. If the ramp at Kenai lake is open i would highly suggest you make sure of your take out and its accessibility.

Remember though, the federal lands are closed so you are not allowed to be in those areas.

Bet your glad you don't have to end your trip early this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Looks like if you're planning on hitting the Upper Kenai this weekend you need to change your plans thanks to Obummer.
    This was posted on Mossy's FB page today.
    1. You can still float from the Lake to Sportsmans.
    2. "Obummer"? You're a Cannuck Dave, please don't try to pretend to have a grasp of the current political situation here.
    3. See you next Fall.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    2. "Obummer"? You're a Cannuck Dave, please don't try to pretend to have a grasp of the current political situation here.
    3. See you next Fall.

Nothing a pair of bolt cutters wont fix!

3. See you next Fall.
    Just because he's Canadian doesn't mean he can't have a grasp of the current situation. Our neighbours to the west are very much affected as well.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Be SURE to let the Alaskan sportsmen's friend, Senator Mark Begich know how you feel about this.

3. See you next Fall.
    Hippie is correct. The state owns Kenai Lake boat launch as well as Sportsman's, which is contracted out privately. There will be no closed gates at the other access points, but there may be troopers. Bings is state owned and there's always Dot's.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

That is MY river.......That is YOUR river. That they can't get their spit together ain't our problem. Someday we need to man'up and take "OUR" Country back from those pencil'neck cowards who think they own us, own our country, control our freedoms & liberties.

I say it is time for some good old fashion civil disobedience. (Hope you NSA penis's caught this post)

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    That is MY river.......That is YOUR river. That they can't get their spit together ain't our problem. Someday we need to man'up and take "OUR" Country back from those pencil'neck cowards...
    Amen, and next summer when that 5 mile long flame front is marching through OUR black spruce toward OUR houses, we should wave off the gubmn't aircraft and firefighters, "man'up" and protect OUR OWN d@mn selves!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

At least the Moose Habitat problem will be solved........as for the fire, I'll be napping in my underground bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Amen, and next summer when that 5 mile long flame front is marching through OUR black spruce toward OUR houses, we should wave off the gubmn't aircraft and firefighters and protect OUR OWN d@mn selves!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    At least the Moose Habitat problem will be solved........
    Yup, that and a few other problems that come to mind.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

3. See you next Fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Just because he's Canadian doesn't mean he can't have a grasp of the current situation. Our neighbours to the west are very much affected as well.
    1. I was addressing Dave, not you tommy. You see I've shared a fire with Dave, and I'm sure he got the humor in my reply.
    2. I've lost count, but of your scant 260'ish posts a good number of them involve personal commentary aimed in my direction, and very little substance overall. You're obsession is both noted, and repulsive.
    3. The forums don't allow political discourse, lucky for you, as you're ignorance would only be accentuated where that not the case.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Easy now Hipster.
    Kinda glad I'm not there this year as that would have meant dealing with a closed river two years in a row.
    Although I would have got a lot of steelhead fishing in this year if I was there.
    See you next fall.

Just a curiosity question on my part.
    What expenses are incurred at these boat launches that the lack of funds would not cover?
    Do they not make money on the boat launches? And I would guess this time of year they do not have an attendant there so ......
    What is the point of shutting them down? OK OK I won't get started on how assanine this is but I really can't see why lack of funds would/should cause a closure of a boat launch ramp.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Not to mention why closing things down that cost little to run day in and out. All they are doing is making money. Seems kind of dumb to close them to me hence the BOLT CUTTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Just a curiosity question on my part.
    What expenses are incurred at these boat launches that the lack of funds would not cover?
    Do they not make money on the boat launches? And I would guess this time of year they do not have an attendant there so ......
    What is the point of shutting them down? OK OK I won't get started on how assanine this is but I really can't see why lack of funds would/should cause a closure of a boat launch ramp.
    It's not just the boat launches, I can't even go for a hike on fed land!

(see first question)
    http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/FWS-FAQ.pdf
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    The pain must be maximized, for chastisement without pain is ineffectual...
    "Your papers are not in order"

Yes, it all about their being power happy bullies. Just tell them to go to Hell, and write a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sigabrt View Post
    Not to mention that if the public finds out that many if these things could be run with a lot less government involvement, they are out of a job!
    Sounds like we need to bring some efficiency experts in......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGS2tKQhdhY&sns=em

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    It's not just the boat launches, I can't even go for a hike on fed land!

(see first question)
    http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/upload/FWS-FAQ.pdf
    Just do it. Public land is public land. If you get in trouble, however, don't expect a fed to come to your rescue.
    I see this as a liberation rather than a problem. No feds to encounter, packing heat and intimidating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast