Thread: Kings River

Default Kings River

A group of us did the whole upper section of the lower canyon, 13 miles total hiking for about 6-7 miles of excellent boating. We took out after running "Gotta Give er' then hiked back to the truck and saved several miles of wood ridden lower section dread. The canyon is free of wood, some rapids changed, and as in the past it is still a classic. The class V drop demands respect, scout it carefully, a bad line is bad for the health.

Default Amazing flood pic

I could not get over the massive flood destruction in the gulley that leads us to the river. Some of these rocks were probably moved by ice since the water practically froze before it could run-off, but the flood signs were evident and the power of water was seen all around us, huge boulders by the thousands were deposited in the woods and along the gulley.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Pic of Gotta Giver er, Kings River

Your pretty much on your own once you commit, fun stuff though. After a couple times down it I must admit it is way scarier in a raft than a solo boat. scared the poo out of me when we rafted it years ago, much more doable in a solo boat, packraft or kayak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for posting Mark. I always enjoy your posts and pics. Stuff is way out of my skill set; still nice to see what others see.

Thanks again for the suggestion Mark! The "Magic Mile" is at a great level for packrafting right now....
    -JR

Default Jr video

Hey Jr, where's the video, awesome dude?