Thread: R15 & r25 = dpms

Default R15 & r25 = dpms

I bought a R25 - Rem 308 for my son a few years back and this past weekend I installed a new trigger in it for him. Well somehow a detent pin came up missing and I went on Remington's site to order one. No parts listed so I called them and I was told "we don't sell parts for them since we don't make them" ! Okay, where do I get parts - oh, DPMS makes these for us so call them! Ok, did that and part is on the way - pronto. I was not aware DPMS made these for Rem and wanted to pass it along in case anyone else may have interest.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Wow that is interesting, I always assumed it was Bushmaster considering they are family, part of Remington in the ole red brick. Is it just the R25/308 or their 15s also DPMS?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I had read that the barrels on the R15s were made by bushmaster. I'd be curious if that is not the case. Anyone know if there would be any distinguishing marks on the barrel if it is one or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Wow that is interesting, I always assumed it was Bushmaster considering they are family, part of Remington in the ole red brick. Is it just the R25/308 or their 15s also DPMS?
    Andy, I am not sure the chap on the phone from Rem stated it clear enough for me to say about the R15, I too, thought Bushmaster had a hand in the AR line for them...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....