Thread: 15A brown bear

Default 15A brown bear

Buddy got this bear last night and he had a 10'5" wingspan with 8'8" nose to tail. Skull was 27 1/2". A very spectacular bear for this area!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a biggen alright!

Yesterday I got my 2013 spring brownie skull (26 0/16) back from Skulls Unlimited. It cost about $250 to get it cleaned, degreased, whitened, and shipping both ways. I figured it was worth it for a bigger skull. Attached are a couple of pics in case you buddy is interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Coat also......Well done. The truth is that there are a lot of 9' and 10' bears on the Kenai.

Quote Originally Posted by supateg View Post
    Buddy got this bear last night and he had a 10'5" wingspan with 8'8" nose to tail. Skull was 27 1/2". A very spectacular bear for this area!!
    a nice bear for any area man...no doubt. congrats to the hunter.

AGL4now: "alot" of 10 footers...? i wanna go! kidding aside...i would figure: a coastal area that has fish, and a bunch of bears walking around that havent been hunted hard in the recent past would equate to a percentage of that population to be old mature males....that in turn should mean that there are some big guys in the bunch for sure. interesting...the wifes thinking of moving us to the kenai penn in the near future

I agree with using skulls unlimited:image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    That's a biggen alright!

Yesterday I got my 2013 spring brownie skull (26 0/16) back from Skulls Unlimited. It cost about $250 to get it cleaned, degreased, whitened, and shipping both ways. I figured it was worth it for a bigger skull. Attached are a couple of pics in case you buddy is interested.

SUPA, tell your buddy that is a SUPER Bear with a SUPER skull. Nice coat, everything nice about this Bear. I live in Soldotna and too old and crippled up to get out anymore but sure enjoy reading about these hunts.

Very nice indeed.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I've used Skulls and Bones in Kenai (907-260-6592), Kenny and his beetles do a great job. May be better than sending work outside.

+1 For Kenny! He is good people and does great honest work for half the price of the other guys.

Any more pics of the bear?

Another big thumbs up for Kenny, a true class act!

Does anyone have a number for Kenny? I have a European sheep skull to be done.
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Kenny does a great job and is a hell of a nice guy. I've had him do up 4 sheep, a deer, a couple of fox, some beaver and a few bear skulls.

skullsnbones@acsalaska.net

Kenny Jones - (907)260-6592

You won't go wrong with Kenny. He did my brown bear last fall and he did an awesome job!

Roland, if you clear your PM box I'll shoot ya a message.

I was Kenny's yesterday checking on the progress of my black bear skull. After looking at the moose racks in the garage, I would say there was a lot of shooting going on this fall. Kenny's work is great