Thread: Anchor River

Default Anchor River

I hate to ask but has anyone been fishing the Anchor River?

I fished Deep Creek last weekend. I was dumb, though, and didn't check the tide tables. So, I think I hit it at a bad time. Only had one steelhead bite, and he got off. Grrr.

Lee

It's been slow. Fished the tide with no action or see or talk to anyone with action. A friend that hits the river regularly says it was especially slow today with no fish for him. It was real good about 10 days ago, though. Just not in the last 3-4 days.

It has been super slow. The poor fish are probably shell shocked from the hordes. Tons of pressure. Litter everywhere. Dead abused fish floating around, at least people are getting good face book photos. Its pretty sad anymore. It's going to be as blown out by people as Quartz soon.

Mutt
    Bad news on the fishing and worse news on the people. This seems to be a trend everywhere..... Not only are people handling fish like idiots they are also spewing thier trash all over the place.....

The funny thing is as far as steelhead is concerned....the out of state or out of country tourists almost never litter and more often than not treat the fish with respect. I think it is because they enjoy the clean natural atmosphere and are usually steelhead junkies and respect the resource. Then there are the anchoragua hordes that come in littering and abusing the fish. Just a little ironic I think. I know tourists are guilty too, and not all of the anchoragua mafia are bad but through out the week it does not seem as bad. Then during the weekend it gets real ugly and on Monday myself and other locals bring down a couple of garbage bags each and fill them up easily. I hate to rant but respect the resource please.

Default Anchor River

Quote Originally Posted by mutt View Post
    The funny thing is as far as steelhead is concerned....the out of state or out of country tourists almost never litter and more often than not treat the fish with respect. I think it is because they enjoy the clean natural atmosphere and are usually steelhead junkies and respect the resource. Then there are the anchoragua hordes that come in littering and abusing the fish. Just a little ironic I think. I know tourists are guilty too, and not all of the anchoragua mafia are bad but through out the week it does not seem as bad. Then during the weekend it gets real ugly and on Monday myself and other locals bring down a couple of garbage bags each and fill them up easily. I hate to rant but respect the resource please.
    There's plenty of Valley Trash, Slowdotnens, and other KP Hill Billies that do their far share of trashing the ambiance! Just saying it's not fare to push all this states resource deplete ing issues on the Tourons, Anchoraguans, and lower 48ers! Seen my fare share of Toothless Nikiskians and Houstonites that seem to want to Rod through and leave their **** as they go and drain lakes, rivers, and the deep water of everything and anything! Heard a crazy statement made from a Local Sewardite to a Califorinian once that I found pretty ironic. "We used to be able to come to this lake and catch Truck Loads of rainbows until YOU Californians started fishing here." You think the Truck Loads of fish leaving had anything to do with there not being any fish here anymore?
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Ok so two weeks ago the fishin sucked, the crowds and the trash were horrid, how about now? Has the fishin got any better? Are the crowds still terrible? Is it worth putting my waders on and throwing a fly in the water or what?..."fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Just fyi, I promise to "catch and release" only and handle those babies with ever loving hands and I always pack my trash out. Oh ya, I always pack other peoples trash out as well. Fricken Pigs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    There's plenty of Valley Trash, Slowdotnens, and other KP Hill Billies that do their far share of trashing the ambiance! Just saying it's not fare to push all this states resource deplete ing issues on the Tourons, Anchoraguans, and lower 48ers! Seen my fare share of Toothless Nikiskians and Houstonites that seem to want to Rod through and leave their **** as they go and drain lakes, rivers, and the deep water of everything and anything! Heard a crazy statement made from a Local Sewardite to a Califorinian once that I found pretty ironic. "We used to be able to come to this lake and catch Truck Loads of rainbows until YOU Californians started fishing here." You think the Truck Loads of fish leaving had anything to do with there not being any fish here anymore?

Might want to check the regs. I think it closed to all fishing nov 1st.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Yep, your fricken right, thanx for watchin out man... I see that I can catch and release, but not remove from the water, in the Kasilof River below the Sterling Highway Bridge. Any Steelies there?...

Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Might want to check the regs. I think it closed to all fishing nov 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Reminds me of a guy I ran into while hiking spawning surveys. He proceeded to tell me how there used to be so many fish in the stream that they would pitchfork them out by the wheelbarrow load and feed them to the hogs. The lightbulb never went off in his head.