Thread: Jet foot won't fit

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Jet foot won't fit

Purchased a jet for 85yamaha off craigslist but the foot doesn't fit. Question: how do I find out what the foot is for? It just has a Y on oneside of the jet and numbers on the other
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Purchased a jet for 85yamaha off craigslist but the foot doesn't fit. Question: how do I find out what the foot is for? It just has a Y on oneside of the jet and numbers on the other
    Outboard jets website http://www.outboardjets.com/catalog/2010/index.php
    Product catalog should help some
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

How is it not fitting? Outboard Jet has a few different cone diameters and a few years ago they changed the way the sleeve goes into the foot. Where older jets have a true cone that's retained by two bolts that extend into holes in the cone's sides, newer jet cones have a flange around the cone top that sandwiches in between the jet and foot when the foot is bolted on. Both styles are still supported with factory parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    How is it not fitting? Outboard Jet has a few different cone diameters and a few years ago they changed the way the sleeve goes into the foot. Where older jets have a true cone that's retained by two bolts that extend into holes in the cone's sides, newer jet cones have a flange around the cone top that sandwiches in between the jet and foot when the foot is bolted on. Both styles are still supported with factory parts.
    The pins that help line up the pieces together were "pin to pin" I didnt know you could remove one of them, now I need a key for a yamaha remote control!
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Dewey's is sending me a set of keys and spark plugs for the Yamaha we resurrected. J kimberly services is putting my merc jet back together.
    www.kodiakcombos.com