Thread: DB293 SW Afognak and Raspberry

Default DB293 SW Afognak and Raspberry

My father and I were lucky enough to draw this tag for this spring. I am looking for any information from someone who has hunted this before. I have done a little bit of calling around and have a plan, but wondering if anyone could share their experience or information with me.
    Thanks

Bear,

my wife and i are headed there in 4 weeks for the fall tags. i dont have any first hand info other than the plan i have and info i have collected, but i will do a writeup when we return and pass along any info you need. it was tough finding info on that area. PM me if you have any questions, we are going in for 14 days at lower malina lake on afognak.

My buddy and I drew party tags and hunted this area in the spring of last year. I was very fortunate to get this guy after a week, but my buddy hunted hard for a full two weeks and didn't come out with anything. It was a late winter on Kodiak/Afognak last year, so there were not nearly as many bears out-and-about as we had expected. Send me a PM and let me know where you're going and I'll give you any input I have.

DSC_6132.jpgDSC_6181.jpg

Message me if you get a chance. I used to work at a fish hatchery in Kitoi bay on Afognak Island. TONS of huge bears. Im hoping to get that tag next year. I have some good info for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gbourgeoisiii View Post
    My buddy and I drew party tags and hunted this area in the spring of last year. I was very fortunate to get this guy after a week, but my buddy hunted hard for a full two weeks and didn't come out with anything. It was a late winter on Kodiak/Afognak last year, so there were not nearly as many bears out-and-about as we had expected. Send me a PM and let me know where you're going and I'll give you any input I have.

DSC_6132.jpgDSC_6181.jpg
    nice big boar...what was the skull on that bear if ya dont mind me asking. spring was tough everywhere this past season it seems...

DSC_6132.jpgDSC_6181.jpg
    Unable to send you a PM.??? Try to shoot me one if you get time. I might be doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dbooth View Post
    Message me if you get a chance. I used to work at a fish hatchery in Kitoi bay on Afognak Island. TONS of huge bears. Im hoping to get that tag next year. I have some good info for you.
    Same with you dbooth. Unable to send PM. I must be not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear74 View Post
    Same with you dbooth. Unable to send PM. I must be not doing it right.
    It's not you Bear, neither one of them have enough posts yet to access the PM feature.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

gb,

did you hunt on afognak or raspberry?

DSC_6132.jpgDSC_6181.jpg

We hunted Afognak. We weren't able to land on our first choice of location but the ice was out enough to get into our backup spot, so we got lucky.

sorry about that bear74...i didnt realize i needed a certain amount of posts in order for someone to message me. How many do I need, anyone know?