Thread: In need of a Bear Hunting partner

Default In need of a Bear Hunting partner

I am looking for someone to go bear hunting with. Mostly blackies. I just got stationed up here a couple months ago and it seems as though everyone that wants to go cancels. My schedule is pretty full for the next couple of weeks but there is some down time in the future and was wanting to plan something and get out.

Willing to help out with anything I can.

Thanks,

David

Your best bet is to head north or south and start glassing the hillsides for bears. They are busy eating any berries they can find right now.

If you are in the Chugak State Park area remember that you cannot "discharge of weapons is not allowed within one half mile of any campground, picnic area, ski area or other facility, or any roadway in the park including the Seward Highway. 11 AAC 20.010"
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Here are some maps of the Chugak State Park.

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/chugach/index.htm

Chugak National Forest maps

http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/chugach/maps-pubs

Seems like a LOT of money to spend for a Non-resident license and buy a non-resident bear Tags, considering only a very few weeks till hibernation.

After reading his post sounds like all he needs is a military non-resident license which costs the same as resident pick up harvest tickets and glass high still some time yet.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Whoooooops............Sorry

David0007, send me a PM or a way to make contact. I'll help you. (Assuming you are active duty) and if so, THANK YOU for your service. And get a Registration KP Brown Bear thingie also.

Chansen, your signature line Ben Franklin quote is awesome!

I'll go and keep the rabbits and birds from ambushing your bear hunt. (non-resident joke) A local lady told me the other day how she wished there were more bear hunters out near her place. Said she asks every moose hunter she sees up there to please take a bear too.

AGL4now knows the deal, you should take him up on his offer as offers like that won't come around very often. Also, I'll add my thanks for your service, it is very much appreciated.

David, I'm game anytime except end of OCT when I'll be TDY. I still need to get an alaskan bruin down too. AGL4now, i'll take you up on your experience.

buy yourself some predator calls and give those a try...just watch out for the bigger, browner, variety of bears

AGL4now is legit and gives great info. Some of the info might require you to work your butt off, but the info will be solid. Don't be afraid, you asked for help! I'd love to pick his brain sometime myself, briefly met once. He helped my buddy get his second bear, at the top of mtn there along the hope road, hence alot of work! Now this time of year you will need crampons for sure, stuff is dying and super slick when dry out, let alone raining!

David. I too am looking for a black bear hunting partner. Let me know what your schedule is and maybe we can team up

Depending on where you guys are and wanting to go I am wanting to go BB hunting. I need a couple hides and wouldn't mind the meat now that the run is near over. My schedule is pretty unpredictable so I would be interested in going for the day.