Tore up pretty much all the trails from Bicentennial Park up to Service/Spencer loops including most of the awesome single tracks through the woods. The trails here are oficially open, and have been since the weekend. Only a few mud holes to dodge/splash. See attached e-mail that I copied from another forum issued from the parks and rec guys.

Shred away!

Anchorage Trail Update
A buddy of mine forwarded the below email to me... Good things are starting to happen!

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 4:32 PM

The trails are dry Ė almost!

The trails in Far North Bicentennial Park are drying faster than in past years which have resulted in the early opening trails in Far North Bicentennial Park and BLM Campbell Tract for this weekend. We caution riders that there are some isolated wet spots in low / shaded sections that we ask equestrians and mountain bike users to use care. There are two really bad spots on the east end of Mellenís Way before the gas line and near S. Campbell Creek and on Black Bear just east of Moose Meadows Trail. Users should also use caution on Black Bear Trail between the junctions of Brown Bear and Moose Meadow where a large spruce tree has fallen across the trail approximately 2-3 ft above the trail. It is anticipated that the Kincaid Park trails will open early next week.

Have a safe trail day,