Thread: Great moose hunt

Default Great moose hunt

An awesome 2013 moose season was had by our party this year. Weather was great cold and clear moose answering the call. The water was skinny and the moose were fat. Took two bulls in our party and could have taken 4. Hope everyone had as good a season as we did.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

That sounds great and that's a fine looking bull you caught there! I guess you were hunting by boat? Set up a remote hunting camp? It also sounds like you took what you needed and left some for seed - good job.

Very nice bull and sounds like a hell of a hunting trip. I definitely didn't have the luck you guys did but I feel a step closer to getting my first moose. The calling portion is the most appealing to me with moose so it is good to hear it worked for you. I feel much more confident in my calling abilities but I would love to hear your experience if you care to share.

We were 3+ hours from a launch by boat and spent 6 days enjoying the amazing weather. Came home early because the river was dropping so fast we worried about a few braided spots with the bigger boats being loaded with meat. If you want my opinions and what has worked for me on calling pm me I'd be happy to have a one on one conversation. Not being any more specific about where we went cause, well I kind of enjoyed the quiet.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Beauty of a moose, what a thrasher.

Congrats Jim, nice bull!

Sounds like a great hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    An awesome 2013 moose season was had by our party this year. Weather was great cold and clear moose answering the call. The water was skinny and the moose were fat. Took two bulls in our party and could have taken 4. Hope everyone had as good a season as we did.
    nice! yeah it was a hell of a september out in western ak for moose as well. nice bull man. big bodied as well eh?

Great job,
    Can you get some more pics of the hunt? Love those pics...

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    nice! yeah it was a hell of a september out in western ak for moose as well. nice bull man. big bodied as well eh?
    He was old and big if you look at his forehead he has no hair left from old fighting scars. He's a canner/grinder for sure
    Unknown author

Congrats jkb, and he was very cooperative where he decided to fall it appears!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Congrats jkb, and he was very cooperative where he decided to fall it appears!
    you can see his tracks in the photo being called out.
    Unknown author