Thread: Snubbers...Do you use them?

Default Snubbers...Do you use them?

I'm new to trolling and have seen several different diagrams on how to rig. I was curious whether or not most fisherfolks used snubbers? Thanks!

A must, otherwise you will loose your gear if you stop the weight quickly on the drop. Steel cable has very little stretch and braid has none at all.

On downrigger cables, it definitely helps.

. If you are talking the inline snubbers in your mainline, I've never used them. In fact on all but down rigging applications, I'm trying to minimize the line stretch, not add more "give". You definitely don't need it if you are fishing mono in my experience.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

[QUOTE=Kardinal_84;1329546]On downrigger cables, it definitely helps.

. If you are talking the inline snubbers in your mainline, I've never used them. In fact on all but down rigging applications, I'm trying to minimize the line stretch, not add more "give". You definitely don't need it if you are fishing mono in my experience.

Yes, I was thinking in terms of inline snubbers. I sure appreciate Unplugged's response, though, as at some point I'll likely do the downrigger thing. I expect he just saved me from one of those extended high blood pressure moments that are accompanied by running in tight circles with arms waving on a small deck and screaming bad words that people shouldn't really ever say at all. Thanks to both of you.

Used to use online snubbers all the time waaaay down the coast where you need light leaders to fool the fish. By the time the fish run all the way down the coast from Alaska to California, they see a lot of gear and leaders, and actually get pretty leader shy. We don't need to use light leaders here, so snubbers are not an issue.