Thread: Raft Rod Holder

Default Raft Rod Holder

Hi i picked up my raft this spring and made 4 rod hoders just by cutting slots in the 1 1/4 inch tubing and taking a T connector. and angling the rod holder out to the side of the boat and 90 degrees of the frame. what other ideas you guys have for your rafting frames. I could not find a rodholder that connects to the 1 1/4 inch tubing on my raft. thanks vance

Default Pictures of rod holders?

Do you or anyone else for that matter have pictures of the rod holders they use on their rafts? My fishing daughter and son in law are about to inherit my oldest cataraft. Shhhh they don't know it yet.

Lori

No photos, but I used two radiator hose-sized hose clamps to attach the bases for Fishon rod holders directly to the front cross tube of my cat frame. I'll try to take a few photos over the weekend and post them, but it's pretty self-explanatory. It's worked well enough for the last three years.

Hope this helps -
    Tom

AK Raft has some made up with low-pros. I think they were in the $12-$15 range. I bought two, one for the meat stick and one for my fly rod last year. I'll probably get some more this season for the seats up front.

Does anyone have suggestions for placement though? right now I have them shooting straight back at an angle, but with a 10' rod, it really makes a guy nervous around overhangs and sweepers sticking out on smaller rivers.