Thread: Float House Question

Default Float House Question

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information regarding float houses or cabins in or around the South east area ( craig , klawock on the west side of POW island. I am nearly ready to make the move to the last frontier and was wondering whether there was a broker or agent who would look after the sale of such cabins. Failing that , given the vast amount of coastline around this area what is the process involved in getting a contractor to construct the same and what appropriate permits would I need for such a venture. The cabin or floathouse would be for my own personnel use entirely. Im quite sure that there is thousands of similar float cabins within this area but I am quite sure that they change hands very very rarely indeed and would appreciate any help about this subject....................Thanks from ireland

Start with Doug Sanvik
    doug.sanvik@alaska.gov
    He is one of the SE DNR Spec II's you will need permitting through them
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Float houses are becoming a thing of the past. Not many left. When we lived in Ketchikan there were a few out at Mud Bight but those have since been removed. I saw one for sale over on POW a few months ago but the listing is no longer active.