Thread: Float House Question

Default Float House Question

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information regarding float houses or cabins in or around the South east area ( craig , klawock on the west side of POW island. I am nearly ready to make the move to the last frontier and was wondering whether there was a broker or agent who would look after the sale of such cabins. Failing that , given the vast amount of coastline around this area what is the process involved in getting a contractor to construct the same and what appropriate permits would I need for such a venture. The cabin or floathouse would be for my own personnel use entirely. Im quite sure that there is thousands of similar float cabins within this area but I am quite sure that they change hands very very rarely indeed and would appreciate any help about this subject....................Thanks from ireland

Anchorage Alaska

Start with Doug Sanvik
    He is one of the SE DNR Spec II's you will need permitting through them
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Float houses are becoming a thing of the past. Not many left. When we lived in Ketchikan there were a few out at Mud Bight but those have since been removed. I saw one for sale over on POW a few months ago but the listing is no longer active.