Thread: Anyone live in fairbanks

Default Anyone live in fairbanks

Anyone live in Fairbanks and been driving the road south from town to buckeye creek or the 20D boundary? Been seeing any moose on the road around there? I drew moose tag 783 for this road hunt and would have already been there but I put in with my archery permit and then had shoulder surgery back in the spring and I still can't pull my bow back. So my only option is since it is an archery/muzzle loader hunt is to take the muzzle loader course on the 5th and will be up there in the middle of October to hunt for a few days. It's an any moose tag so I am just looking for freezer meat. I'd prefer a bull of any size but a cow will do. So anyone seeing anything in that area? Thanks

Sent while hiding from the boss

Since they started that particular hunt I have not seen hardly any moose along the highway going into Fairbanks from our little neck of the woods. I did get a road salvage call last weekend for a small cow hit by Birch lake but that area is closed. Good luck if I start seeing any I'll PM ya,

I figure with 51 permits and only about 25 or so miles of road to hunt I'm guessing it'll be slim pickings but hopefully I can connect with one. I'm thinking not many people will get out and walk much because of the boundaries on this hunt at least if I get one I won't have to pack it very far

Sent while hiding from the boss

Saw a cow with a calf and another lone cow on my drive back last Friday. Have to be there at last light and first light. I put in for that tag for a few years and have yet to draw it, but if you put in the time, there are lots of moose in that area. Get out of the truck and work into the woods a couple hundred yards. Do some research on google earth and find areas with fields or swamps to head into.