Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ gun buyback yeilds

Default NJ gun buyback yeilds

A WWII Japanese rifle. Such a waste of a historical item. At the very least it should be placed in a museum but instead its destined to be destroyed.

Not to start another gun/anti gun thread but it just saddens me how people can turn their backs on history. Just think of how that rifle came to be in the US, more than likely as a war souvenir who's owner probably felt they more than earned that rifle for the price that was payed. To me destroying that rifle is disrespectful to that Vet who managed to survive the Pacific Theater.

http://www.my9nj.com/story/23517647/...s-218-firearms

And of course it was a Japanese Assault Rifle, complete with bolt action.

As for the rest of the guns turned in, I can care less about them. If I don't want someone telling me how to use mine I surely don't want to do the same to others. Besides if they turned them in, the probably shouldn't have had them to begin with.

All the guns turned in were probably all stolen to begin with. The proceeds would probably pay for their heroin and meth for that week.

Silly gov't.

Most likely the handguns were rusted out Rossi's or similar POS. A person could make a decent living buying junk then selling it back to Uncle Sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    Most likely the handguns were rusted out Rossi's or similar POS. A person could make a decent living buying junk then selling it back to Uncle Sammy.
    Reports from other states doing gun buyback also showed that the people were turning broken guns and buying newer and better guns. People do not think when they spend tax dollars.

I remember when gun buy-backs in other states, including California, of course, yielded antiques of value and good solid working guns. The concept of and reason for the buy-backs is pretty obviously an end game in which our guns are gone, gone, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    Reports from other states doing gun buyback also showed that the people were turning broken guns and buying newer and better guns. People do not think when they spend tax dollars.
    I know there isn't much profit for the retailer on a gun sale but it would be nice to see gun shops offer discounts to anyone who brings in a receipt from a "buy back" program. Maybe they could throw in a cheap case or something.

The Alaska Shooting Forum is for connecting shooters in the 49th state. Messages that specifically relate to shooting in Alaska are welcome.
    How does a gun buyback in NJ "specifically relate to shooting in Alaska"?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Default The buy back program is a desease striking the whole country

It may some day effect you as well . The problem is, creating a blanket buy back, means some perp could break into your house and take your collection, and get paid to do it by the government. I fear the future of America is being lost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]How does a gun buyback in NJ "specifically relate to shooting in Alaska"?
    It's called loooooooong range
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Arleigh View Post
    It may some day effect you as well . The problem is, creating a blanket buy back, means some perp could break into your house and take your collection, and get paid to do it by the government. I fear the future of America is being lost forever.
    There are a heck of a lot more guns being manufactured and sold than being bough back. The guberment is very very silly. If i heard of a buy back that was going to happen near me, I would go ut and buy up all the pieces of junk i could find, be first in line to sell back to the silly guberment officials and take the money and walk back down the line and offer $10 more than the guberment price for the good guns. That happened Seattle (closer to Alaska) Guys showed up with a lot of cash and bought the good stuff up and the officials couldn't do jack about it.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    ... Guys showed up with a lot of cash and bought the good stuff up and the officials couldn't do jack about it.
    They are working on it.
    Officials at the very top don't mind allowing guns to walk into Mexico to kill people there and American citizens at the border, but they really don't want YOU to buy anything without their knowledge and approval.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    I remember when gun buy-backs in other states, including California, of course, yielded antiques of value and good solid working guns. The concept of and reason for the buy-backs is pretty obviously an end game in which our guns are gone, gone, gone.
    That can never ever happennot as long as Smith, Ruger, et al are turning them out as fast as they can. Without even looking, I'd say the world's major firearm manufacturers and importers brought far more guns into this coutnry on that day than NJ bought back from citizens. it's as simple as the law of diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Odiebo View Post
    ...A WWII Japanese rifle. Such a waste of a historical item. At the very least it should be placed in a museum but instead its destined to be destroyed...
    I agree, what a terrible waste of a historical antique gun.
    "Grin and Bear It"

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

[FONT=Verdana]How does a gun buyback in NJ "specifically relate to shooting in Alaska"?
    From most people, that question would be incredible.

If they do that in NJ, it could happen here too? What would you say if it did?

Is there any kind of gun control that you wouldn't support? That you would be concerned about?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    From most people, that question would be incredible.

If they do that in NJ, it could happen here too? What would you say if it did?

Is there any kind of gun control that you wouldn't support? That you would be concerned about?

Smitty of the North
    Smitty, as far as I'm concerned, anybody, including our state government, is free to offer to buy a persons guns, and anybody is free to sell, if they so choose. Why would you oppose such freedom? And previous statements by AOD owners/management have made it very clear that discussions about 2A/gun control were not allowed here. Why is that so difficult to understand?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Smitty, as far as I'm concerned, anybody, including our state government, is free to offer to buy a persons guns, and anybody is free to sell, if they so choose. Why would you oppose such freedom? And previous statements by AOD owners/management have made it very clear that discussions about 2A/gun control were not allowed here. Why is that so difficult to understand?
    There have been 15 posts now, mine will be 16................and no moderator has closed or moved this thread? Why is that so difficult for you to understand, Taiga?
    OUR GOVERNMENT. I'm glad you put it that way. OUR GOVERNMENT is supposed to be US. I would vehemently oppose the use of MY money to buy old broken guns as well as good working guns. I would whole heartedly support the govt offering to take any guns folks wanted to get rid of with no offer of money. I would then expect the govt to re sell all legal, useable guns thru legitimate sellers, to raise money for the govt.
    State govt using my money to buy guns is certainly NOT freedom!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    There have been 15 posts now, mine will be 16................and no moderator has closed or moved this thread? Why is that so difficult for you to understand, Taiga?
    OUR GOVERNMENT. I'm glad you put it that way. OUR GOVERNMENT is supposed to be US. I would vehemently oppose the use of MY money to buy old broken guns as well as good working guns. I would whole heartedly support the govt offering to take any guns folks wanted to get rid of with no offer of money. I would then expect the govt to re sell all legal, useable guns thru legitimate sellers, to raise money for the govt.
    State govt using my money to buy guns is certainly NOT freedom!!
    What if they buy your crappy old wood stove; would that be OK with you, or is that different?
    #Resist

Taiga.... surely we don't have to go back to civics 101.... or is that even taught anymore? The guberment doesn't have freedoms. The guberment are employees of the people. They (the gubermwnt) use the tax collected money of the people for the best interest of the people, or are supposed to do so. How is buying back, for the most part, worthless pieces of junk, or in some cases, somewhat valuable items, for destruction a wise use of the People's money? I just do not get it.

Back to the OP.... the destruction of a historical relic is a shame. What purpose does it serve? How many homicides have been committed by WWII Japanese rifles. Give me a brake..... silly, silly guberment
    ~ John Quincy Adams

What if they buy your crappy old wood stove; would that be OK with you, or is that different?
    Do we really have to answer that question? Really? If you think so, I would be glad to...
    ~ John Quincy Adams

Yes that would be OK, and yes that is different.
    The purpose of buying old woodstoves is to replace them with better woodstoves so the Fbks area will meet air quality standards. This results in a positive benefit to the area.
    The purpose of buying guns is to theoretically, get illegal guns off the street. Except criminals don't sell their illegal guns. Honest folks sell there junk.........or sometimes valuable antiques. No benefit comes to the area by these gun buybacks. Maybe if the agency buying the guns offered discounts on new, better guns, like the newer, better wood stoves.............then there would be a positive benefit.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast