Thread: advise on caribou options

Default advise on caribou options

I spent 2 weeks on the haul road and failed to connect with my bou. The 1st week the animals just weren't there and the 2nd week it seemed like they just would'nt cross the Sag. This has left a bitter taste in my mouth when it should be Bou backstraps. Any advice on catching a late season Bou on a Harvest ticket open to any suggestion.

Possible winter hunt for the 40 mile herd. Remains to be seen if that will happen for sure. Call F&G in Tok. Apparently you don't have a Nelchina herd tag so going back to the slope may be about it for you.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thats what I was thinking, just didn't know if I had to adjust locations from the Ivashak area to this side of the Brooks due to migration, and if so where is accessable without a plane which would be a good place to start.

get a raft and head back up, thats what i did and had lots of chances. ended up shooting one with my rifle toward the end of the week.
    also, if you have a snowmachine and time, there is a winter reg hunt north of fairbanks, the white mountain herd. i think it opens on the first of december. tried it a couple times, saw a few bou there