Thread: Inflatable kayak

Default Inflatable kayak

I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm asking previously talked about topics but I recently completed a moose hunt out of a 15' inflatable raft. The hunt was great but wanted to downsize my gear. Has anyone tried moose hunting out of an inflatable kayak? Is this even possible with one of these? Thanks all for the info and the help provided on the site. Glad to be apart of the group.

I think you'll find an inflatable kayak inadequate for hauling all that weight down a river unless you are just intending to shuttle gamebags across a lake to camp. However, do a search for the PR-49 by Pristine Ventures in Fairbanks. That might be closer to what you are looking for? You still won't get an entire moose in one. You'll need a full size raft for that or one PV's older ProPioneers.

Here's a link to a recent thread in the rafting forum with pics of the PR-49 in use. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ac-rafts/page2

Thanks! Great info. I thought that. Saw a YouTube video of a guy hauling one in a kayak but looked sketchy. Guess I can't trust YouTube.. Haha go figure!

Take a look at the other thread where you were talking to Mike S. about the rafts you rented and look at the pic I added. Those canoes are sweet for hunting. I bought mine from Brian and it will haul me, my gear and a whole moose no problem. I built both mine and my buddies row frame (the blue canoe). I have done it several times and also run some CLS III rapids load with a whole moose and never felt uncomfortable. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks 450 looks like u answered one of my questions bout swift water in the other forums here. Appreciate that. I was wondering where you got that row frame. Looks like a good setup! So are you able to pack these rafts on a frame pack. Are they light enough for that?