Thread: middle kenai bows

Default middle kenai bows

Anyone been fishing the middle river from skilak down for bows? how has the fishing been?

bet it gets worse before it gets better, people are saying the ice **** appears to be breaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skybustin28 View Post
    Anyone been fishing the middle river from skilak down for bows? how has the fishing been?
    Fished the it on the 18th and the water was still waaaaaay high. We picked up a mess of fat dollies, nothing huge but all plump and one nice rainbow in the low 20s along with a whitefish and of course some tomatoes. All the action was up around the Dunes with fresher 6&8 mm beads the ticket. It looked like all the boats were fishing beads. We saw one nice fish caught and photographed. It wasn't hot but steady judging from all the stretched lines. Hopefully when I get home on the 4th the water has dropped. And the flesh bite is on.

thanks for the info. trying to decide where to go. fished the upper last thursday and caught some nice bows and dollies with one bow going 24". I would like to fish the middle, hopefully the water drops.

here is an update on the glacier lake.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/forecasts.php?wfo=pafc

I am betting the 1/2" of rain in the last day doesn't help.

I talked to a few people at Mt View Sports, and they confirmed the water levels were high.

AKTroutGuy