Thread: Closest Distance ?

Default Closest Distance ?

So the wife and I are planning a Black Bear hunt along the Johnson Pass Trail early next week and was wondering which end will get us into bear country faster, North or South? Thanks.

You got your KPB Brown Bear permit.......??? Your going to feel silly if you see a 14 foot brown bear and did not register.

You'll probably find tracks in either parking lot. I'd get a BB permit and start at the south................

Thanks for the replies/advice. Weather may force us to cancel but if we do go this year I will certainly have a permit and "pray" I DON"T see a 14 foot brownie!

You do understand that that 14 foot is NOT a squared hide, don't you. Why, that is the height of the top of the HUMP to the ground when he is standing flat footed on all four feet........Why some of these North Kenai bear grow to 24 foot long and square out at 28 feet. And that is just the cubs. Why, the biggest skull from here'abouts is 59 15/16"..........I would enter one into one of them'thar B&C thingies, but I don't want them guys with 31" to be feeling inadequate, why then they be taking them male enhancement drugs. (Never give an Old Guide a chance to tell a "True" Baer story)

Quote Originally Posted by ihntak View Post
    Thanks for the replies/advice. Weather may force us to cancel but if we do go this year I will certainly have a permit and "pray" I DON"T see a 14 foot brownie!

AGL--- kinda of a tall tale if I ever heard one LOL.

No it is all true.......

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    AGL--- kinda of a tall tale if I ever heard one LOL.