Thread: Left over game bones

Default Left over game bones

Just wondering if anyone here has any leg bones/shoulder blades etc they need to get rid of.

I usually give the leg/hoof bones etc to my malamutes, but wasn't able to connect on a moose this year. So if anyone has got a couple they're looking to throw away, I'd be glad to come take them off your hands.

I likely will in November. You're certainly welcome to them if/when we connect.

Talk to Lisa at Pioneer Meats, she might be able to help u out..

I thought the game processors were finicky about giving out bones. I asked about getting scapulas back from a moose and that was a no go.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Really depends on the processor I guess. I've had some luck getting MY bones back from the guy I regularly use, but he also knows me. Never asked about bones from another. Typically, the 4-6 animals we usually get a year fill the stocks, this year I didn't grab any from the early season bou, and our late hunt was a wash.