Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Etolin Bow Hunts

  1. #1

    Default Etolin Bow Hunts

    Has anyone one here been on Etolin for Elk bow season? Hows the Island looking right now?

  2. #2

    Default

    Bump! Anybody been to Etolin recently? Just looking for some conditions.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Judging by recent weather in southeast, and the forecast, and just history of southeast....I'd say wet.

  4. #4

    Default

    OneLung- I'd say thats pretty accurate as well.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    OneLung- I'd say thats pretty accurate as well.
    I realize that was fairly sarcastic - But it all honesty it went from really nice weather this summer, to really rainy. (don't know where you live). I know some people have got some Elk, but haven't heard much else about the hunt there this year.

  6. #6

    Default

    I live in Anchorage and i've been watching the weather for southeast. I was hoping for condition reports like, tree's are chainging colors, some snow on tips of peaks, etc etc.
    I'm headed that way in about 2.5 weeks so I'm really just chomping at the bit and trying to get some details.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    I live in Anchorage and i've been watching the weather for southeast. I was hoping for condition reports like, tree's are chainging colors, some snow on tips of peaks, etc etc.
    I'm headed that way in about 2.5 weeks so I'm really just chomping at the bit and trying to get some details.
    Trees are definitely changing colors and a lot of leaves have fallen on the trees and brush. There probably won't be any fresh snow on the peaks at this point, but definitely possible in the next 2 weeks as its getting colder at night.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Still some snow from last year and should have some new when you get there.

    http://aptalaska.com/index.php?actio...hPage&pageID=8
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  9. #9

    Default

    Thanks for the info OneLung.

    Amigo thanks for the link to the webcams this will be looked at daily......LOL

    Man i'm really chomping at the bit to get to Etolin so it can kick my butt for two weeks.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    Thanks for the info OneLung.

    Amigo thanks for the link to the webcams this will be looked at daily......LOL

    Man i'm really chomping at the bit to get to Etolin so it can kick my butt for two weeks.
    Alright I lied - Just found out the info I had was incorrect. No Elk have been harvested so far this year was the latest word I just got from a much more reliable source!

  11. #11
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    Alright I lied - Just found out the info I had was incorrect. No Elk have been harvested so far this year was the latest word I just got from a much more reliable source!
    Thats the F&G report not the local elk eaters report.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  12. #12

    Default

    Amigo, Ive been watching those web cam's (Burnett Peak mainly) and its a great view when it is clear, which isnt very often. 10 days and counting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •