Thread: Etolin Bow Hunts

Default Etolin Bow Hunts

Has anyone one here been on Etolin for Elk bow season? Hows the Island looking right now?

Bump! Anybody been to Etolin recently? Just looking for some conditions.

Judging by recent weather in southeast, and the forecast, and just history of southeast....I'd say wet.

OneLung- I'd say thats pretty accurate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan19alaska View Post
    OneLung- I'd say thats pretty accurate as well.
    I realize that was fairly sarcastic - But it all honesty it went from really nice weather this summer, to really rainy. (don't know where you live). I know some people have got some Elk, but haven't heard much else about the hunt there this year.

I live in Anchorage and i've been watching the weather for southeast. I was hoping for condition reports like, tree's are chainging colors, some snow on tips of peaks, etc etc.
    I'm headed that way in about 2.5 weeks so I'm really just chomping at the bit and trying to get some details.

I live in Anchorage and i've been watching the weather for southeast. I was hoping for condition reports like, tree's are chainging colors, some snow on tips of peaks, etc etc.
    I'm headed that way in about 2.5 weeks so I'm really just chomping at the bit and trying to get some details.
    Trees are definitely changing colors and a lot of leaves have fallen on the trees and brush. There probably won't be any fresh snow on the peaks at this point, but definitely possible in the next 2 weeks as its getting colder at night.

Still some snow from last year and should have some new when you get there.

http://aptalaska.com/index.php?actio...hPage&pageID=8
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for the info OneLung.

Amigo thanks for the link to the webcams this will be looked at daily......LOL

Man i'm really chomping at the bit to get to Etolin so it can kick my butt for two weeks.

Thanks for the info OneLung.

Amigo thanks for the link to the webcams this will be looked at daily......LOL

Man i'm really chomping at the bit to get to Etolin so it can kick my butt for two weeks.
    Alright I lied - Just found out the info I had was incorrect. No Elk have been harvested so far this year was the latest word I just got from a much more reliable source!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    Alright I lied - Just found out the info I had was incorrect. No Elk have been harvested so far this year was the latest word I just got from a much more reliable source!
    Thats the F&G report not the local elk eaters report.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Amigo, Ive been watching those web cam's (Burnett Peak mainly) and its a great view when it is clear, which isnt very often. 10 days and counting.