Thread: Unit 13 after the community harvest

Default Unit 13 after the community harvest

I was just curious how the guys who normally hunt unit 13 moose did this year with the community hunt that took place
    Last edited by fishingyoda; 09-19-2013 at 16:09. Reason: This was supposed to be a reply not a new thread.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

We saw lower numbers of moose in the area we usually hunt, but that includes less cows, so I cant say that the CH hunts have anything to do with that.

We counted over 50 moose in 2 days last weekend, brought home a fork...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I was just curious how the guys who normally hunt unit 13 moose did this year with the community hunt that took place
    I think that's a bit of a subjective question. While I have my own opinions on CH, There's no telling what moose will do and certainly no way to tie it directly to CH. It's a fact that many people region wide in 14, 16 and 20 are all stating the moose activity is slow, or they are spotting less that normal.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed