Thread: Goose Calling

Default Goose Calling

Thought some of you might like this.

Ill be the first to say I don't. Pass shooting at birds that are out of range.You will have more cripples that aren't recovered than ones you take home. Cool way to call a speck but not a good way to kill em.

Down,

I wouldn't be too quick to assume those birds are as high up as they look. That spec he shot was pretty small and I know first hand that many video cameras make birds look smaller then they are. My Pintail Afternoon video makes the birds look pretty far away, but in reality they were practically landing on our heads. Many times they were too close to shoot without blasting them apart, but I still got some negative comments saying they were well out of range. Keep the videos coming YukonJeff!

Erich
    Good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions...
    http://alaskawaterfowlproducts.blogspot.com/

I agree Erich. No way to actually judge distances from that video. That was an awesome video!! Nice work jeff
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Thanks guys glad you liked it.

Cool stuff. Can't wait to get on my first goose. What type of ammo do you use if you don't mind me asking. Ive had a few shots but they were just a little out of the range I though my ammo could reach so I didnt try.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by DownEastah View Post
    Ill be the first to say I don't. Pass shooting at birds that are out of range.You will have more cripples that aren't recovered than ones you take home. Cool way to call a speck but not a good way to kill em.
    What was the range? Exactly?

Cool mouth calling techinique.