Thread: Lets Go Bear Hunting, I Need A

Default Lets Go Bear Hunting, I Need A

partner to tow my boat to whittier this coming weekend. Would like to leave friday the 25th. Need to have a 1500 or larger style truck. 22' aluminum boat. Just need your sleeping bag, gun, clothes, and food. Will try to stay till sunday. It is all weather permitting. Contact me for more info. Plus we will drop shrimp pots and maybe fish, bear is top priority. One bear down not lets get ours!

was just wondering.......where would you be leaving out of? Anchorage,Fairbanks etc??????

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    was just wondering.......where would you be leaving out of? Anchorage,Fairbanks etc??????
    Montana ...

Im confused KRS.... are you in Arizona or Montana? Seriously tho where in Arizona are you from? The wife and I where raised in Sierra Vista.Daniel

Sent a pm.

Default I am in anchorage as is the boat

we will meet at the shop where the boat is in storage and hook on and go. I have the adaptor for plugs and reciever with 2''ball. it is for a 2'' hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Im confused KRS.... are you in Arizona or Montana? Seriously tho where in Arizona are you from? The wife and I where raised in Sierra Vista.Daniel
    The Montana comment was a joke.

I live in AZ, a little town you may have heard of, Sierra Vista.

Default someone has to be interested

anyone with a truck can go.

Have ya found anyone to tow that boat yet? Im still seriously thinking about taking you up on it,or going to Valdez.Let me know and Ill talk to the wife.Daniel

Default Weather is looking good so far.

calling for 2 foot seas and variable wind 10knots. Didn't say anything about fog or rain for the weekend, just during the week. as long as the seas are good we will be good for leaving on friday at 6pm for the 7:30 pm tunnel into whittier. Boat is fueled up and ready to go. Just need a tow and a new hunting buddy.

Default Here is the rest of the deal

We will drop the pots on friday night. Check them atleast once each day. We will split the catch 50/50. Check my bear bait and would like to hunt it plus the beaches in the bays. Need to atleast stock the bait and then possibly go to another bay and hunt. But bait is getting hit and bears should be moving more. I am starting to get a little worried I won't be able to make it out there. I will pay for the gas in the boat, already have the launch covered. Just leaves parking and tunnel fee, last weekend was $20 for tunnel and $25 for parking for 2.5 days. We can figure that part out. I have the bait and all supplies for the boat. Fourth season on the water and just love it. Boat is only 3 years old. I just don't have a truck is all.

I'm umpteen miles away, but I have a truck.

What an opportunity for someone. Wish I could come and see the state via the water.

^bump^ completed

Default msg

Sent you a pm

Default Boat Has Been Filled

Thanks for all the replies. I really enjoy meeting new people and showing them an experience and something new. Might happen again sometime soon that I need a tow. Thanks again. Everyone have a good weekend out and about.