Thread: New Boat for Potbuilder

Default New Boat for Potbuilder

Hey, Steve - I found a new boat for you! I know you love those east coast built boats so here you go. Financing by the builder too. Shipping up here may cost though.

http://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/4024693223.html

Yikes! $100 finance charge on $225 (after $75 deposit)...double yikes!

Dang...Bought my Scott HB a few months too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    Hey, Steve - I found a new boat for you! I know you love those east coast built boats so here you go. Financing by the builder too. Shipping up here may cost though.

http://savannah.craigslist.org/boa/4024693223.html
    Thats not a east coast boat ?? thats a redneck wannabe boat, i wouldn't float that in a pond. I can go to home depot and get some of their prebent wood to build one of those.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

That is pretty funny! Yet if you ever been down n the south he means business and its for real. Those flat bottom Johns where made in the early day like that to float & fish the White River and other southern Rivers. They would build them float down river and burn them on the other end and catch a train ride back up stream. Was easier to build them and burn than hauling them back up river. They also didn't want the boat to fall into other guides hands so they burned them after one trip. They where build of solid wood back in the day Pre Plywood. Funny to see how some old ideas don't go away from some areas.

I think my two little boys could build a nicer looking boat for less $$.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    That is pretty funny! Yet if you ever been down n the south he means business and its for real. Those flat bottom Johns where made in the early day like that to float & fish the White River and other southern Rivers. They would build them float down river and burn them on the other end and catch a train ride back up stream. Was easier to build them and burn than hauling them back up river. They also didn't want the boat to fall into other guides hands so they burned them after one trip. They where build of solid wood back in the day Pre Plywood. Funny to see how some old ideas don't go away from some areas.
    Probably raked the fasteners up out of the ashes to take back with them for the next boat(term used lightly). Maybe the kenai guides will start a new fishery !! cobble together a boat, make one trip down the river, make camp and have a campfire !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I'm going to order one and install Quad 105lb thrust trolling motors, I'll let yall know what the number are soon.