Thread: Juneau Mid-Oct

Default Juneau Mid-Oct

Hey all going to be in Juneau around the 17th-19th of Oct for some work stuff. Might have a chance to get out fishing, might there be anything around?

might still be some coho in the streams. they'll probably be pretty nasty to eat at that point. could be fun to catch on a fly though. Expect the weather to be really cold and wet. If your job has you working all day long, there won't be enough daylight to fish the mornings and evenings. Hopefully you have a spare day off.

Amen to that, mid october is the official start of hunker down time in Juneau. Few boats on the water unless it's decent then there will be a few folks trolling for kings.

If you had a day you might be better off to hike for a deer on Douglas.

This has been a great year for cohos around Juneau and the rest of southeast. There should still be some in the streams when you're in town. Try Montana Creek, Cowee Creek, Peterson Creek, or infront of DIPAC hatchery. The limit is 6 cohos in saltwater (DIPAC) and 2 cohos in fresh water. I've attached the link to Alaska Fly Fishing Goods fishing reports and also to Alaska Fish and Game fishing reports. Both were really helpful for me when I moved to Juneau a year ago. Alaska Fly Fishing Goods is located downtown and always have good fishing info. Hope this helps. Good luck!

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...g-reports.html

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/Fishin...ADFG=main.home