Thread: Residential Land Loan

Default Residential Land Loan

I'm trying to find a residential land loan with descent interest rate. The land is $80K and I only have half to put down.

Any recommendations on bank for the loan? I usually use Alaska USA but their rates are 7.99%. I know real estate loans are higher than house loans but I would like to find a lower interest rate.

Alot of banks wont lend you money on raw land. If you are a member, check with Mat Valley FCU. They have been good to me over the years when buying raw land.

We went through this recently, and it's definitely not an easy feat. You've put yourself in good position by having a large down payment. First National Bank AK is good to work with if you're planning on building on it. They might be able to work with you on a loan on the front end to purchase the property.

I am doing the same thing..sorta. I was thinkig of getting a loan against my 401K.

If you have equity in your home often the best way to get money for a land purchase is a HELOC (home equity line of credit). Rates are usually low on this type of loan as well.