Thread: Winterizing

Default Winterizing

What do you all do to winterize..... this is my first time winterizing completely on my own.

- Drained the fresh water systems, do I need to add an antifreeze product as well?
    - Detaching the batteries and probably bringing them indoors on a maintainer
    - Add fuel stabilizer to the gas still in the tanks.... that enough to protect it?
    - Winterize outboards
    - Shrink Wrap

Thanks.

What kind of motor ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

If you run salt, make sure you run a thorough fresh water flush through those outboards. Wash the outside of everything with soap and rinse thoroughly.

Fog the motors.

Fill the gas tanks all the way up so there is very little head space. Fuel stablizers are not required, but if it makes you feel better, it doesn't hurt.

If the batteries are easy to get to, they'll be much happier in a warm environment with periodic (but not continuous) trickle charging at 2A or less. However, if they are hard to access, they can handle the cold, especially if you have a automatic trickle charger on them.

Cover the whole boat in such a way as to shed snow or make it easier to shovel off the snow through the winter. You can easily fill a boat up with enough water by spring (while the drains are still frozen) to cause trailer or hull damage.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

More information on wintering battery.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...attery-storage