Thread: Still Amazing

Angry Still Amazing

I just checked powder availability at Graf&Son and basically they still don't have squat.

How many months has it been since the "crisis" hit? And here we still are.

How many more months (years?) till we can actually order what we want and what we need?

On the bright side, there is no longer an AR magazine shortage. SW has had hundreds of AR mags on the shelf for at least the last month or more. Doesn't look like anyone is buying them anymore as the mag racks have been full every time I go through. Maybe that is the first sign of a settling down of this self-fullfilling gun and ammo "shortage". I wonder how many knuckle heads are sitting on a pile of brand new AR mags that they spent more than $20 a piece for? Glad I didn't participate in the frenzy. What a waste of money that would have been.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    On the bright side, there is no longer an AR magazine shortage. SW has had hundreds of AR mags on the shelf for at least the last month or more. Doesn't look like anyone is buying them anymore as the mag racks have been full every time I go through. Maybe that is the first sign of a settling down of this self-fullfilling gun and ammo "shortage". I wonder how many knuckle heads are sitting on a pile of brand new AR mags that they spent more than $20 a piece for? Glad I didn't participate in the frenzy. What a waste of money that would have been.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JOAT again."

What he said.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Amazing it is, skocking, even.

My neighbor needed a flush mount magazine for his Ruger 10-22. We couldn't find'en anywhere.

Midwayusa had'em ON SALE in their flyer, but they were OUT of'em he called.

I Finally, after months,found a bunch at SW. Like a responsible gun nut, l bought him ONE.

Genuine Ruger, $19.95

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

We had a Scheels store build last year in Spfd., IL where I work and they have had more stuff than their competitors. I picked up some Win 231 powder a week ago there ad had not seen any for many months. I write down in a notebook things need so if I run across them I don't forget. It is getting better but still as a lot of room to improve. A local Farm supply store had shelves full of Aguila 22 LR ammo tonight at $3.99 for a box of 50. Not a great buy but if you have none it beat throwing rocks! )
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Fwiw, 3 bears on the pw hwy had h110, 4227, imr4320 and one other that I can't remember...this was Tuesday morning and there were a few cases of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Like a responsible gun nut, l bought him ONE.
    SOTN
    Magazines are like Lay's potatoe chips, no can can have just ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Amazing it is, skocking, even.

My neighbor needed a flush mount magazine for his Ruger 10-22. We couldn't find'en anywhere.

Midwayusa had'em ON SALE in their flyer, but they were OUT of'em he called.

I Finally, after months,found a bunch at SW. Like a responsible gun nut, l bought him ONE.

Genuine Ruger, $19.95

SOTN
    If you are having trouble finding a Ruger magazine go to shopruger.com and buy direct from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Magazines are like Lay's potatoe chips, no can can have just ONE!
    Well, if it was MY gun,,,,,,,

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderthal View Post
    If you are having trouble finding a Ruger magazine go to shopruger.com and buy direct from the factory.
    Thanks. I didn't think of that, and now he already has one.

I ordered a holster for my Mk III from Ruger recently. It took forever, but I got it.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

I've had good luck getting the powder that I use and 22 ammo at SW. Lots of 223 and 7.62x39 to be had as well.