Thread: Shooting Range open Mondays & Tuesdays?

Default Shooting Range open Mondays & Tuesdays?

Hey guys,
    I really need to get out and shoot, but have the misfortune of having Monday and Tuesday off work. I realize I could get into Birchwood if I had a membership, but don't shoot enough to justify that kind of money. Any suggestions? I'm willing to drive up to 150 miles out of Anchorage. Anything down in Kenai/Soldotna area or up north open on Mondays and Tuesdays?

We are open on Mondays until the end of September at Upper Susitna Shooters. Mile 94 on the Parks Highway. $10 for non-members to shoot all day. Open from 1pm to 6pm.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks, Doug. I may be seeing you in the next Monday or two. How is that 1,000 yard range coming along? I read the original thread and imagine its still pretty muddy and not quite up for shooters yet?

There's one just before Palmer on the Glenn. Matanuska Valley Sportman's Range, I think. They're online, and I'm almost positive open mondays and tuesdays.

MVSR near Palmer goes to the winter schedule in Oct. Its winter schedule is: open Mondays (6-9), but it's rimfire only. Tues and Thurs are special event nights. Wed (6-9), Fri (12-9), Sat (4-9), and Sun(4-9) are general open shooting nights. M

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    Thanks, Doug. I may be seeing you in the next Monday or two. How is that 1,000 yard range coming along? I read the original thread and imagine its still pretty muddy and not quite up for shooters yet?
    We had some issues with all the rain this fall. The good thing is that we no know where the problems are and we will fix them. As such, I won't be opening it up unless we get a good hard freeze before the snow flies. Once October rolls around we will only be open Fri, Sat, Sun.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

The snowshoe gun club on the spur between Kenai/Soldotna is open 7 days a week.
    Membership is $80 a year for unlimited use with no daily fee. You buy your key and then use it whenever you want in the daytime.
    Rifle range goes out to 500 yards. Several pistol ranges and a trap/skeet range.
    I believe they are changing the membership signup procedure. Once thats done you can come and go anytime.
    http://www.snowshoegunclub.com/
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"