Thread: Grouse House

Default Grouse House

For the 2nd time in 4 years, I had a ruffed grouse hit my house and end up dead in my driveway. I live in Anchorage 1/2 mile from downtown which is not what one would normally view as high quality grouse habitat. Where these urban dwellers came from I don't know ... there is a greenbelt with great habitat across the street so I think maybe they are dispersing into this area. Curious if anyone else is finding dead grouse around their house ....

Clearly, you just have too many windows and they are too clean on the outside.

I seriously don't think that grouse really give a darn about where they settle down. They're not exactly the most intelligent of creatures. Anchorage seems like it might be tough, but out in suburbia they are (historically) all over the place regardless residential expansion.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Lots of grouse both ruff and spruce in Kincaid park and on the hillside....

Release Lake Trout

I had one break a window on our house a few years back... went outside to grab it so I could at least get a meal out of the deal and the darn thing jumped up and flew away...
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson