Thread: Palmer Hay Flats user survey

Default Palmer Hay Flats user survey

Fish and game was at cottonwood creek this afternoon doing a survey to figure out what kind of numbers they have for the different user groups. I was taking my wife and kids down to show them the hayflats and overheard the fish and game guy asking another person questions so I stuck around to get surveyed as well. So they got at least one duck hunter counted today. Leaving I thought that 4pm probably isn't the best time to catch hunters.

No it's not.. But could be done to pick up the other half..

All they have to do is pull into RS area now and it's obvious..
    Haven't seen the bird guy down there this year yet..usually thy have checked a few birds by now.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So they got at least one duck hunter counted today. Leaving I thought that 4pm probably isn't the best time to catch hunters.
    They had been camped up out there all day from opening till close last week. I have taken the survey at least 4 times myself. Glad to see them doing it might give ADF&G a much needed boost in funding for the refuge if they can show the usage to those that matter.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Yep, I've done the survey also. Week after the opener, stange though, he told me he didn't see a limit on opening day and he was there counting birds and doing the survey all day. Glad to see him there. Don't know how late in the season they will keep counting. Bud
    Wasilla