Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFMOTO x6

Default CFMOTO x6

Trying to buy my first atv and am drawn to this machine. New, at Sea and Ski with winch and plow and out the door for $6,000. I have searched the forum for advice with little success. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I know, built in China and most people have been hard on them for that. Most of the major brands have some parts built in China so that can't be everyones ultimate shot at them.
    I would love a Honda or a Yamaha, but everyone thinks their old machine is worth a mint. I need it for plowing my driveway and the occasional hunt or fishing trip. Not going to be an every weekend rider. I like the 2 up option as my wife will be riding on the occasional trip.

Any first hand knowledge of this machine/brand would help in my decision.

I have yet to see a CFMoto anywhere except Marita's parking lot. There are 100's/1000's of ATV's out in the backcountry hunting right now, check out what you see at busy places like Eureka (including those being towed back) and ask what guys like or dislike about their rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    I have yet to see a CFMoto anywhere except Marita's parking lot. There are 100's/1000's of ATV's out in the backcountry hunting right now, check out what you see at busy places like Eureka (including those being towed back) and ask what guys like or dislike about their rigs.
    Same here, There was a big pi$$ing match early this winter about the Cfmotos and I have yet to hear anyone on the forum buying or trying them out. If I remember correctly they (Sea & Ski) were suppose to have them at the creek clean up for everyone to try ???? You could be the first one. Let us know if it was worth 6 grand
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

FWIW, Can AM is coming out with a 6x6, however it's guaranteed to be MORE $$ than Polaris, not less.

It is difficult to be the first one, especially when you are talking $6,000. With that being said, it would come with a warranty. Pricing up other major brands on craigslist, I would be dropping $6,000 for an 08 grizzly with 1,000 miles and no warranty. I just cant believe no one has any exposure to these machines. I just can't swallow the price tag of a new honda or yamaha. Crazy expensive.
    Hope someone else has given these a ride and can shed some light on their performance.

I've also been interested in these machines and finding a first hand review has been difficult. The Marita folks speak highly of them, of course. I was in picking up Polaris parts last week and the salesman said a customer with an X8 had just returned from Chicken, caribou hunting, with rave reviews. But, that was a second hand account from the salesman so......

Salesmen.... LMAO!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan J View Post
    The Marita folks speak highly of them, of course.
    Of course they do, they have a showroom and storage lot full of them. I can't believe Polaris hasn't pulled their franchise for selling a Chinese knockoff of Polaris products in the same showroom.

We should start a "Where's Waldo" thread and see who can spot a CF Moto in the back-country (photo proof required). I'll bet the first would be at Jim Creek on the sand flats.

I've seen plenty of them out and about in the 'back country' as you put it... Only talked to one guy and he was quite pleased with it...

You can read a lot of guys knocking the product and in the same breath admit they have no experience with them... That's funny stuff...

I don't know anything about them so I can't comment on them but I've owned many wheelers from all the major brands and they all have to be fixed in one way or another eventually...I'd sure like to hear from the guys talking smack about the machines to give some examples of how their opinion was formed...perhaps a flaw in design, an inadequate part or parts, or maybe they just don't come in the color you like ....anything of substance would be nice and not just the result from a search of your rectal database....

All I can tell is they come with twice the warranty and come equipped with a lot more equipment standard than the major brands for less money...I'd sure like to look one over and take one for a ride for a few days to find out what all the buzz is about....

One thing I won't do is talk cr@p about something if I really don't have a clue or if my motive is disingenuous....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Someone pulled your finger.....

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    Someone pulled your finger.....

Trust me, you don't want to do that... my kids learned that the hard way...
    pull my finger....

2004.5 500 HO. I bought an original buyers machine. It got towed by a Yamaha out of the bush. 3 day weekend. Day 1. Ruined the weekend. Known problem. No notice to the original owner.

This is not what people need in Alaska.

I have no faith in dealers in Alaska...... None.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtofak View Post
    2004.5 500 HO. I bought an original buyers machine. It got towed by a Yamaha out of the bush. 3 day weekend. Day 1. Ruined the weekend. Known problem. No notice to the original owner.

This is not what people need in Alaska.

I have no faith in dealers in Alaska...... None.
    There we go, a first hand account....

What ended up being the issue with the machine?
    Any idea what caused the issue?
    Low miles or a lot of miles on it?
    Has anything changed in the design or components in the 8+ years from 2004.5 until 2013?

Thanks
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post

Has anything changed in the design or components in the 8+ years from 2004.5 until 2013?

Thanks
    Pinched ignition wire.

Known problem.

Under 200 miles.
    Bill Hicks

Pinched ignition wire.

Known problem.

Under 200 miles.

Uggh, that sucks, I had a similar thing happen to me with my Polaris with an ignition wire, it can certainly ruin a trip fast...I got lucky though and had the tools with me to trouble shoot and fix the issue in the field....

Do you know if the 'known issue' has been resolved now that the machines have had 8+ years to evolve and get better?

Thanks again
    pull my finger....

Thanks
    Any idea why the original owner wasn't notified about the problem so that it didn't leave him stranded?
    Bill Hicks

Any idea why the original owner wasn't notified about the problem so that it didn't leave him stranded?
    I'm sorry, perhaps I'm confused but I thought we were discussing the CF-Moto machines...

Any response to the questions about the machines I posted or would you rather try to hijack this thread for your own personal agenda?....

My apologies if I am indeed confused and the original question posted by MNAK were as rhetorical as your last question was...
    pull my finger....

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm confused but I thought we were discussing the CF-Moto machines...

Any response to the questions about the machines I posted or would you rather try to hijack this thread for your own personal agenda?....

My apologies if I am indeed confused and the original question posted by MNAK were as rhetorical as your last question was...
    Dealer support is critical. When a dealer has more than one line of product, they need to recognize that their support for one line shows their willingness to support other manufacturers products.
    Bill Hicks

I don't own one but I have a buddy who has one. There a very well build machine. He beat the heck out of all summer and it hasn't had any problems. If you like it buy. Martia they do the best to warranty everything they can. Sometimes its not martia that denies the claim it the Manufacture. You find at all the dealership.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

AKMIKE that is promising. Thanks for the advice. Do you know, year? Make? Model? or size? I am leaning towards giving them a try, but need a little more feedback to feel 100% confident.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    I don't own one but I have a buddy who has one. There a very well build machine. He beat the heck out of all summer and it hasn't had any problems. If you like it buy. Martia they do the best to warranty everything they can. Sometimes its not martia that denies the claim it the Manufacture. You find at all the dealership.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast