Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Lost e collar remote

  1. #1
    Member DownEastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    322

    Default Lost e collar remote

    Tri Tronics classic 70 remote, around duck lake or rabbit slough launch

  2. #2
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    good luck, hope you find it. if you don't call tritronics, think they will give you a deal on just the romote. Bud
    Wasilla

  3. #3
    Sponsor Duckhunter01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Out there regularly.. Will keep an eye out for it..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastah View Post
    Tri Tronics classic 70 remote, around duck lake or rabbit slough launch

    Bummer, buddy. Call TT and they will sell you a replacement. Don
    Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
    Tundramoor Drahthaar Kennel. Training Versatile Dogs because we hunt it all.
    Memeber of the Alaska Warterfowl Association.

  5. #5
    Member Birdstrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Your pup took it and buried it. She said she'll let you know where it is as long as she gets to nick you once. Lol. Hopefully Tritronics makes you a good deal.

  6. #6
    Member DownEastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Your pup took it and buried it. She said she'll let you know where it is as long as she gets to nick you once. Lol. Hopefully Tritronics makes you a good deal.
    I've nicked myself on all levels, he gets excited when I get his collar out because he knows its time to go to work.

  7. #7
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    I've seen dogs go and find it for their owners, neat trick, but usually requires prior training with fetching the remote. Might be a good idea for all of us to work into the force fetch part of training. Bud
    Wasilla

  8. #8
    Member DownEastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I've seen dogs go and find it for their owners, neat trick, but usually requires prior training with fetching the remote. Might be a good idea for all of us to work into the force fetch part of training. Bud
    Hey fetched my shotgun in a floating gun case out of the river on the opener

  9. #9
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastah View Post
    Hey fetched my shotgun in a floating gun case out of the river on the opener
    He must know you need that to keep him happy. Bud
    Wasilla

  10. #10
    Member DownEastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    He must know you need that to keep him happy. Bud
    Proof that force fetch works

  11. #11
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastah View Post
    Proof that force fetch works
    I agree, force fetch is one of the greatest things you can teach a duck dog. those who have not been force fetched will never realize there full potential. Bud
    Wasilla

  12. #12

    Default

    What generation of Tritronics do you have?
    I have a Classic 70 G3 transmitter. It's the 6 dog model though. I could see myself parting with it if you get in a pinch. If what you lost is an exp model.

    Bud, I agree. Force fetch and solid obedience is the ground work for all advanced training. You can certainly have a started retriever without FF but trying to teach advanced concepts is like trying to build a house without the proper tools. It can be done, but it's not solid and may not last against the weather.

  13. #13
    Member DownEastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post
    What generation of Tritronics do you have?
    I have a Classic 70 G3 transmitter. It's the 6 dog model though. I could see myself parting with it if you get in a pinch. If what you lost is an exp model.

    Bud, I agree. Force fetch and solid obedience is the ground work for all advanced training. You can certainly have a started retriever without FF but trying to teach advanced concepts is like trying to build a house without the proper tools. It can be done, but it's not solid and may not last against the weather.
    I had the 6 dog one, only need one tho.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •