Thread: Going moose hunting again, been awhile...

Smile Going moose hunting again, been awhile...

My wife is able to go hunting with me again this year and I am very excited about that. We have had some health issues the last few years and it will be good to be watching a meadow or water hole with her again. We are going to be in a camper and day tripping up north in some places we hunted for years with good success. I can smell the hot black coffee and bacon. It's about 9;30 PM and I realized my trailer lights are not working and one of the trailer tires looks low, typical pre-hunt stuff. I bought her one of those Polaris 570 LE Razor's and I think that will be a better deal for her then her old Sportsman 500. Some thing about being in your 60's slow the reflex's down a bit. Next year we are hoping to do the wall tent again and live amongst the critters. Our Grand kid's are older and tougher and that will be a great memory for all of us. If we don't get a moose this year and have a safe trip we will feel blessed and have much enjoyment any way. If I really concentrate I can smell that just shot moose laying on the ground. Yeehaw!

Didn't we see you on the Koyukuk a few years back?

Wife, son-in-law and me were there in 2007 and me and 2 buddies were there in 2009 and I hope to go again some day.

338 hope you and the wife have a great trip good luck.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

No moose for us. We got hit by a early winter snow and freeze and never saw a moose and did not see any fresh tracks. Went and visited 3 friends of mine who were about 7 miles in and living in a warm wall tent. They did not score either. My wife told me to find a new moose hunting area. We will probably give the area a rest and look for a new place up north, Healy, Manley, Delta, or maybe the 40 mile country. We did have a good time in spite of the weather and my wife was thrilled with the blue berries and cranberries and I was thrilled with the pancakes. Her new Razor 570 performed well on the trail. We are very thankful for the time we had "out there" and are planning the next adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    No moose for us. We got hit by a early winter snow and freeze and never saw a moose and did not see any fresh tracks. Went and visited 3 friends of mine who were about 7 miles in and living in a warm wall tent. They did not score either. My wife told me to find a new moose hunting area. We will probably give the area a rest and look for a new place up north, Healy, Manley, Delta, or maybe the 40 mile country. We did have a good time in spite of the weather and my wife was thrilled with the blue berries and cranberries and I was thrilled with the pancakes. Her new Razor 570 performed well on the trail. We are very thankful for the time we had "out there" and are planning the next adventure.
    Hope you both get to enjoy many more seasons together.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/