Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: russian river silvers

  1. #1

    Default russian river silvers

    I have been slaying the silvers at Russian river confluence for the past 2 weeks but does anybody know how long the silver fishing remains good there ?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    Until the ice pushes you out.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Until the ice pushes you out.
    ohh nice thats a good news. you still get chrome silvers by late October at the confluence or just spawning ones ?

    On a different note from one of my previous posts that u responded to ... I did go to Anchor river for some steelhead but water was high (1.5 ft) and I did not get even a bite from any steelhead all day.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    99577
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Whats the h2o level like right now on the Russian? Would love to go down and fly for some dallies and silvers.

  5. #5
    Member DannerAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Whiskey River
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_3S View Post
    ohh nice thats a good news. you still get chrome silvers by late October at the confluence or just spawning ones ?
    I've caught chromers there until mid October.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medic2022 View Post
    Whats the h2o level like right now on the Russian? Would love to go down and fly for some dallies and silvers.
    I went early this week and waded across the confluence with water below my knees. Went into the Russian near cottonwood hole to wash off the fish slime from my waders and water was just above my ankles.

    I got a nice 13lb buck that day

  7. #7
    Member Seabass417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_3S View Post
    I got a nice 13lb buck that day
    Nice! Pictures?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_3S View Post
    ohh nice thats a good news. you still get chrome silvers by late October at the confluence or just spawning ones ?

    On a different note from one of my previous posts that u responded to ... I did go to Anchor river for some steelhead but water was high (1.5 ft) and I did not get even a bite from any steelhead all day.
    They can be a but tricky, particularly if you don't have any experience steelhead fishing.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass417 View Post
    Nice! Pictures?
    Here are the pics

    photo(12).jpg

    13lb_coho_russian_confluence_1.jpg

  10. #10
    Member ysr_racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Happily in So Cal.
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Very nice !!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

  11. #11
    Member Seabass417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Beautiful buck! I'm going down on Wednesday to see if I can't rustle up some silvers (maybe some 'bows too!).

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass417 View Post
    Beautiful buck! I'm going down on Wednesday to see if I can't rustle up some silvers (maybe some 'bows too!).
    Good luck dude !!! Please let us know how it goes. I am planning to fish there on Sunday

  13. #13
    Member Seabass417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey guys, hit up the Russian yesterday as planned. CnR'ed two fairly turned cohos early in the morning, though I ended up flossing/fouling plenty of tomatoes to get to them. I did see a few chromies swim past, but couldn't seem to find any attached to my terminal tackle. The sun came out and I expected the coho fishing to pick up, but it actually dried up (tried every color in the box). About a dozen fellas eventually showed up and the bead-fishing seemed to be picking up, so I switched to targeting trout and did alright.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass417 View Post
    Hey guys, hit up the Russian yesterday as planned. CnR'ed two fairly turned cohos early in the morning, though I ended up flossing/fouling plenty of tomatoes to get to them. I did see a few chromies swim past, but couldn't seem to find any attached to my terminal tackle. The sun came out and I expected the coho fishing to pick up, but it actually dried up (tried every color in the box). About a dozen fellas eventually showed up and the bead-fishing seemed to be picking up, so I switched to targeting trout and did alright.
    Just going to put this out there, the Sun doesn't help Coho fishing. It hurts it. Coho are sensitive to light and low light conditions are usually best ie Dusk, Dawn, Cloudy/Rainy days. No matter though sounds like you got a Tug or Two!
    Piscor Ergo Sum

  15. #15
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Just going to put this out there, the Sun doesn't help Coho fishing. It hurts it. Coho are sensitive to light and low light conditions are usually best ie Dusk, Dawn, Cloudy/Rainy days. No matter though sounds like you got a Tug or Two!
    Truth. For me I usually notice coho shut down around 830-900 am when the sun starts to get higher in the sky. You will get one or two but usually right before and right as the light peaks out is the best time. As soon as they can see the fly is the best time.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  16. #16
    Member CTobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Here and there.....
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_3S View Post
    That is the 13lb buck? Is that on a scale or by your best guess?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTobias View Post
    That is the 13lb buck? Is that on a scale or by your best guess?
    Scale dude ... Measured it before filleting in my garage

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •