Thread: Camp Grill

Default Camp Grill

Fabricated this portable camp grill. It comes completely apart for easy transport. The grill slides out and can be raised or lowered depending on the coals you are cooking over. When done cooking, it can easily be slid away from the fire.

does the vertical tube sit on a steel rod so it can be turned 360 degrees or is it fixed? Looks to be an heirloom to passed down to children and grankids...I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuskovich View Post
    does the vertical tube sit on a steel rod so it can be turned 360 degrees or is it fixed?....
    It is fixed but slides up and off for transport. I have since added a handle on the top to serve a dual purpose. First is to hang tongs and grilling utensils from and also to grab it and tilt the grill back and slide it away from the fire when done grilling. Here is a few more pics of the grill in action.

Quote Originally Posted by nuskovich View Post
    does the vertical tube sit on a steel rod so it can be turned 360 degrees or is it fixed? Looks to be an heirloom to passed down to children and grankids...I like it.
    With round rather tan square tubes, a swinging system COULD be built. I have to say that this is a truly great arrangement. Really well thought out and constructed. GREAT JOB !!!

I think you can use the square tube but with a round solid pin on the feet section with holes and pin to move it by 1/4 moves. Easy fix in it needs to be fixed at all. Great job, I will build one for my fire pit at home. Great job gutleap, that is what this thread is about.

Looks nice and very practical! How much would you sell me one for?

Quote Originally Posted by MTfisher View Post
    Looks nice and very practical! How much would you sell me one for?
    I have built a few of these for hunting buddies after they saw mine and wanted one. I charged $125. You can PM me if interested.

I see a good winter project an I do have some 1" square tubing laying around