Thread: Floating the copper

Default Floating the copper

I am looking for some info from someone who has floated from glennallen to chitna bridge. I have a 16 foot sotar. Drew the bison tag and going to float it on the weekend of the 12 th. anyone with some first hand knowledge that is willing to share would be great. Log jambs, dragging, how hard to stay in the channel, just a few questions. Thanks.

Give Josh a call at King Fishers Perch in Gulkana he has ran in commercially for years will be able to fill you in on the do's and don'ts.

You can also Call Chuck with Nova his Alaska River Wrangellers run it as well.

Either way a wealth of Knowledge.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    I am looking for some info from someone who has floated from glennallen to chitna bridge. I have a 16 foot sotar. Drew the bison tag and going to float it on the weekend of the 12 th. anyone with some first hand knowledge that is willing to share would be great. Log jambs, dragging, how hard to stay in the channel, just a few questions. Thanks.
    Read your write up of the successful hunt, sounded truly fantastic, but also more than a little intimidating. I drew the same tag this year and was wondering if you could share your thoughts/lessons learned now that you''re looking back on it? Would you have gone the same route again, pursued the jet boat further, waited till winter, paid the access fee?
    Congrats again.

Give me a call sometime and I would be more than happy to give all the info I can. I have learned a lot and would love help you get one.